What is CFAR Travel Insurance, and Should You Have It for Your Next Trip?June 20, 2023 • By THIRDHOME
Learn more about this important coverage option.
Is Cancel For Any Reason Coverage Right for You?
With travel demand still soaring, but with persistent unpredictability all around us, you may be wondering how you can book a trip with more peace of mind.
Travel insurance is designed to protect your trip investment in case of something unforeseen that may cost you–for example, if you must cancel your trip, interrupt your trip after it’s started, or if you need to seek medical care during your trip. Standard travel insurance plans provide coverage for specific reasons, as outlined in the policy document.
What if you want more flexibility to cancel your trip for reasons not included in your policy? In this case, CFAR coverage may be a good option for you.
The CFAR benefit gives you added flexibility and financial security for your trip. This benefit allows you to cancel your trip for literally any reason at all and still be reimbursed for most of your pre-paid, non-refundable trip expenses.
What reasons might CFAR cover?
- Covid-19 is spreading again in your destination, and you’re nervous to travel there.
- You have a new puppy and don’t feel comfortable leaving him in someone else’s care.
- Your granddaughter got the lead role in the school musical, and you don’t want to miss it.
- The economy is causing you to worry about spending a large amount of money on travel.
- You simply changed your mind and decide you don’t want to go on this trip.
While these reasons wouldn’t be covered in the standard plan, you would have the flexibility to cancel your trip and be reimbursed for most of your pre-paid, non-refundable trip expenses if you bought the CFAR coverage.
What you need to know to buy and use CFAR coverage:
- You must buy your plan within 14 days of your initial trip deposit.
- You must add CFAR coverage at the time of plan purchase, and you must insure all non-refundable trip costs.
- If you make subsequent travel arrangements after plan purchase, you must also insure those subsequent arrangements within 14 days of payment of deposit for those arrangements.
- You must cancel your trip with your travel supplier at least two days prior to your scheduled departure.
- Then, contact USI or your plan claims administrator to file the claim.
- When you make a claim, you may be reimbursed up to 75% of your total pre-paid, non-refundable trip cost.
Note: CFAR is not available to residents of NY state, per NY Dept. of Insurance regulations.
If you would like to learn more about the travel insurance plan for THIRDHOME Members or to get a free quote, please visit the plan website. If you have questions about plan coverage or would like to speak with someone, please contact the USI Travel Insurance Services Customer Service team at email@example.com or 855.874.0156. Be sure to mention that you are traveling with THIRDHOME, account #50054.