Millionaire Holiday Home Swap
A new show from Paramount + about the THIRDHOME lifestyle.
Millionaire Holiday Home Swap: Travel Like a Local in EnglandSeptember 7, 2022 • By Emily Minarik
If you are planning a holiday in England, look no further than this guide!
From choosing a location to finding accommodations, we’re here to tell you everything you need to know about traveling through England like a local. Whether you are exploring a city or escaping to the countryside, read on to discover THIRDHOME’s top travel tips with inspiration from the Paramount+ original series, Millionaire Holiday Home Swap.
Consider your options when visiting England
As you begin to plan your holiday in England, ask yourself: where do I want to go? Are you a city dweller, or is the countryside calling your name? Here are some must-see destinations to consider as you visit England:
Cities in England to explore
- London: capital of the United Kingdom and a cultural hub for some of the best museums, theater, art, and entertainment in the world
- Bath: the oldest Roman remains and only natural mineral springs spa in the UK. A mere one-hour drive away from Stonehenge
- Oxford: in addition to the university and academic roots, this cosmopolitan city’s ancient history is like no other
- Stratford-upon-Avon: perfect for Shakespeare lovers and literature buffs alike
- Brighton: a wonderful, vibrant seaside resort city perfect for families and day trips
Quieter destinations in England to enjoy
- Yorkshire: explore miles of quiet countryside and bustling market towns
- Essex: for lovers of parks, picturesque villages, and rolling green hills
- Hampshire: the inspiration for Austen’s Pride and Prejudice, find quiet hidden treasures
- Cornwall: an excellent destination for nature enthusiasts, with serene beaches perfect for a variety of water activities
Enjoy trips to England year-round
Regardless of what time of year you holiday in England, there will always be something to do! Most recommend travelers visit during the months of May, June, September, and October. If you do plan to spend most of your trip outdoors, late spring and early fall have the best temperatures and the least amount of rain.
Nonetheless, there’s nothing like London during the winter holidays. Most cities host their own Christmas markets during November and December. It’s a true sight to see, as town squares and castles transform into magical scenes. Plus, most museums, theater performances, and other indoor activities are available year-round. No matter what time of year you are traveling, you will find something to do on your holiday in England.
How to swap homes in England
Have you considered booking your accommodations in England via a home exchange site? If you have never done a home swap before, look into private exchange clubs like THIRDHOME. Whether you are escaping to the countryside or exploring English cities, a home exchange in the UK is an excellent way to save money on lodging.
Home swapping provides a unique experience for travelers. Immerse yourself in the country, culture, and local customs – all while enriching your holiday in England. Your home swap’s host is an invaluable resource for travel advice, recommendations, and other inside tips on how to have a one-of-a-kind vacation.
Discover more tips and inspiration for your next holiday in England by watching Millionaire Holiday Home Swap, now streaming exclusively on Paramount+ in the UK and Ireland.
Paramount+ includes a mountain of quality entertainment for everyone to enjoy. UK-based readers can subscribe here: https://www.paramountplus.com/gb/.
Paramount+ costs just £6.99/month or £69.90/year in the UK (€7.99 per month or €79.90 per year in Ireland) with a free 7-day trial available to everyone.
Sky Cinema subscribers get the bonus of Paramount+ included at no extra cost.