Oswestry, United Kingdom
The Church House
The Church house is a charming newly converted Victorian church situated in a peaceful setting in the friendly town of Oswestry. One of Britain’s oldest settlements, dating back 3000 years ago.
For lovers of history, lively café culture, the town has growing reputation for its interesting mix of small, locally run shops that pride themselves on good old-fashioned service. Vibrant market days would not look too different if visited today by Oswestry’s most famous son, soldier and poet Wilfred Owen.
On the borders of Wales - only 5 minutes up the road, the town has also easy access to Manchester, Liverpool and Birmingham, only one hour away. Also, Shrewsbury ( just voted in the top 10 "best place to live in the uk" ) and Chester, are only 30 minutes away.
The three-bedroom property retains many beautiful features with vaulted ceiling and rustic oak beams. The contemporary decor in the lounge offers a cosy place to sit and enjoy the spectacular country views, with custom made arched windows and open plan stunning kitchen. The home also features under-floor heating, stone bath, Egyptian Cotton Bedding. The property sits on a generous plot with pretty gardens.
Come and enjoy both English and Welsh heritage in this very special home. We live nearby so may even have you around for dinner!
Single Family Home with 2 levels
3 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2200 square feet
King, King, and 2x Twin
8 guests maximum
Liverpool, Manchester and Birmingham
All just 1hour by car
The Dining Rooms, Michael Caine's townhouse and park.
Additional FeesThere is a mandatory cleaning charge of $300 ( £250 )
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Arts and culture in Oswestry and The Borderlands couldn’t be more diverse, whether your interests are classical, traditional or something a little more unusual.
- Thrilling Quad Bikes/Treks and Pony Trekking in the beautiful Ceiriog Valley near Oswestry, Wrexham, Chester and North Wales - as recommended in Country & Border Life - great for families, corporate days, stag and hen groups, or a relaxing day out.
Places of Interest
- From the grandest gardens at Powis and Chirk castles to the individual attraction of National Garden Scheme gardens such as Brownhill House, Oswestry and the Borderlands offer an eclectic mix to fascinate any garden enthusiast.
- Manchester, Liverpool and Birmingham are a short drive away.
- Explore Oswestry and The Borders, castle by castle. The town has always been on the borders - English and Welsh. Nowadays the fortifications that protected those borders give a fascinating glimpse into a different time.
A 3rdhome Gem!
It was a beautiful and marvelous place! The house is amazing!. The eclectic decor fits well with the contemporary design. Being newly renovated, everything inside is upscale quality. The location is ideal being only steps from the city center and parks. We loved Oswestry and became familiar with the church, market place and the pubs. Loved the church bells on Sunday morning. Rode the canal boats to the aqueduct, enjoyed Chirk castle. Chester, Liverpool and lots of little medieval villages. This english countryside is beautiful! We got to know Simon, the owner who was very accommodating and hospitable. Thank you for sharing your home with us! ”
- 40"+ TV
- Chef's Kitchen
- Espresso Machine
- Handicap Accessible
- High Speed Internet
- Pets (with Approval)
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo