Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
Holystreet Manor enjoys a magical setting cradled within a sweep of the River Teign.
It is located within its own ancient woodland and faces almost due south looking over its own land within the Dartmoor National Park.
The eastern fringes of Dartmoor are incredibly beautiful with rolling Devon countryside interspersed with streams, rivers and ancient woodland leading to high moor to the west.
Holystreet Manor is comprised of a fully equipped kitchen, six reception rooms, a master bedroom suite, six secondary bedrooms and three bathrooms.
This magnificent house has a gym, steam room, cinema room, music room (converted chapel) and a bar. In the outdoor area, there is a natural swimming-pool, hot-tub, pizza oven and an artificial grass tennis court.
The house has also has an ancient Water Mill which is now used to generate all the electricity and heat for the house.
Estate with 3 levels
7 bedrooms, 5 baths, 14200 square feet
King, King, King, Queen, Queen, Queen, and Queen
14 guests maximum
Exeter, Bristol, London Heathrow
30 mins from Exeter and 2,5 hours from London Heathrow by car or train.
Property set in its own woodland on the banks of The River Teign with views over Dartmoor.
Activities of Interest
- Newton Abbot is a lively Victorian town with plenty of shops and restaurants. It is home to famous racehorse and hosts a food and drink festival. There is a lovely street market held on Tuesdays and Fridays in Courtney Street.
- For golf enthusiasts, Newton Abbot (Stover) Golf Course, Dainton Park Golf Club and Torquay Golf Course are only a short drive from the house.
- Walking, cycling, kayaking, horse-riding, fishing, site-seeing.
- Seale Hayne is a lively and innovative space home to arts exhibitions, artists' workshops, a lovely cafe, a retro shop, music events and more activities.
- Holystreet Manor is just one mile from the ancient town of Chagford with an excellent selection of local shops and inns.
Places of Interest
- Visit Dartmoor National Park and admire its dramatic scenery. From its deep valleys with a clear water river covered by woods to its granite rocks landscape.
- The South West region busts a marvelous and diverse coastline. From sandy beaches and surfing destinations to rocky and isolated coves, some of the best spots are found in Cornwall, Newquay, Devon and Dorset.
- Exeter and Plymouth are both a short drive from Holystreet Manor and are perfect for a day trip out.
Friends and I had an amazing stay at Holystrret Manor. We had originally planned to do more in the area, but the house and facilities were so good, we spent most of our time in the property. The home is stunning with fantastic architecture and history and the gardens were beautiful and excellently maintained. Great local restaurants and bars within walking distance, and enough produce in the local shops to keep us more than comfortable. Thank you.”
A quintessential English country retreat
Holystreet Manor is a perfect English country retreat in the heart of Dartmoor. The house is extremely well appointed, and is just a 15 minute walk outside the charming village of Chagford. The house has a great pool, tennis court and home cinema, which we thoroughly enjoyed, and is perfect for both local walks, and trips further afield. David, the owner, and Ashley, his estate manager, were extremely helpful and welcoming, and we would not hesitate to recommend Holystreet manor to anyone looking for a country getaway. ”
- 40"+ TV
- Covered Parking
- DVD Player
- Espresso Machine
- High Speed Internet
- Hot Tub
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Pets (with Approval)
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- Workout Facility
- iPod Dock Stereo