Molina (Como), Italy
Comolina is a magnificent house overlooking Lake Como, in the village of Molina, 10 km from Como and 25 km from Bellagio. It is about 200 meters above the lake and has breathtaking views.
The house has a generous ground floor with an open-plan kitchen and dining area and a 700 sq feet living room. It also features a guest bathroom and a piano room/ library.
The first floor has one master bedroom and 4 further double guest rooms all with en-suite bathrooms. The second floor has one games room with a TV and pool table, a study, a quiet/meditation room and a large family bedroom as well as two bathrooms.
The whole house has a living area of 5000 sq feet, and is located on a property of some 5 acres (20,000 m2). The house was rebuilt to high standards in 2004. The garden is well-established and mature and has a swimming pool area, 2 sundecks and a generous terrace on both sides of the house.
Outdoor facilities include a utility room and sauna and there is ample space for parking on the property.
There is a private paved and lit footpath through the forest into the neighboring village, Molina and takes about 10 minutes to get to your morning coffee. Molina is an ancient, cobbled village which today has a strong community and is lively and friendly. There are two popular restaurants in the village and a small grocery store.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
6 bedrooms, 5 baths, 5000 square feet
King, Queen, Queen, Full, Full, and Full
12 guests maximum
1h by car
Breathtaking views of the lake
Activities of Interest
- Enjoy the lake by boat. There are various boat trips, either on the slow public ferry boats (especially from Torno to Cernobbio) or the faster boats from Como to Bellagio.
- Visit some of the little beaches and lidos along the shore and going for a swim or renting a boat (there large rental company in Fagetto Lario- the village on the lake directly below Molina).
- There are numerous walks in the mountains to discover, some leading to refugios where you can feast before you walk home and others leading down to the lake. There is an intricate system ancient Roman paths that continue to mark many stunning walks.
Places of Interest
- Spend time enjoying the shops, markets, food and ambience of beautiful Como. The city cathedral is certainly worth a visit.
- Visit the charmingly beautiful villages on the lake, including Cernobbio, Varenna, Nesso, Menaggio and Bellagio.
- Take a day trip to beautiful Milan, the capital of Italian fashion, which is jsut 50 mins away by car or train.
One of the best views anywhere
Had a great stay at Villa Comolina. The house is extraordinary. The home is perched on a hillside, almost 5 acres so totally private, with the most breath taking views of Lake Como, about halfway between Como and Bellagio. It was a 30 minute drive to Lake Laguna Switzerland and easy day trip to St Moritz Switzerland ( make sure on way back to do the Bernina Pass). Stop on way up on first lake to St Moritz and dine outside at Restorant Murtarol ( great views and amazing food). In Torno you will find a great outdoor area at Albergo Ristorante Vapore. Take the ferry out of Bellagio and you will find amazing shopping there. Also kayak the lake out of Bellagio at Bellagio Water Sports. If you rent a car, make sure it is a small car the roads around Lake Como are very narrow. The local fish out of the lake is amazing so be sure and try while here. ”
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- DVD Player
- Espresso Machine
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet