Franschhoek, South Africa
A Suite Villa with private pool at The Last Word Franschhoek
This exclusive 5-star residence offers a solar-heated swimming pool and a wooden deck with views of the Franschhoek Mountains.
Each of the air-conditioned rooms has a Bluetooth speaker device.
Free Wi-Fi and a satellite LCD TV with DVD player are available in each of Last Word Franschhoek’s accommodations. A work desk and luxurious bathroom are also standard in each.
A buffet breakfast is served on the covered veranda that overlooks the pool. Various award-winning restaurants are situated within a 5-minute walk from Franschhoek Last Word.
After a refreshing swim, guest can order a cool drink at the bar or doze off on a sun lounger. Spa treatments and picnic baskets are available upon request for a lazy afternoon.
The hotel provides free, secured parking and an airport shuttle to Cape Town International Airport, a 45-minute drive away. Stellenbosch is a 20-minute drive from the property.
The Suite Includes:
• Semi-private pool and courtyard
• Separate lounge area
• Complimentary mini-bar & snacks
• Underfloor heating
• Heated towel rails
Franschhoek is the undisputed gourmet capital of South Africa. It is also the country’s most picturesque valley where high, majestic mountains surround some of the best known wine estates. If you are into good wine and food, art, boutique shopping or simply relaxation The Last Word Franschhoek offers you:
The convenience of being right in the village, within walking distance of:
- Award winning and world famous restaurants – Reuben’s, The Tasting Room (5 minutes).
- Top wine estates – Graham Beck, Haute Cabriere, La Motte, L’Ormarins (5 minutes by car).
- Championship golf courses – Jack Nicklaus’s Pearl Valley (20 minutes by car).
- Art and boutique shopping (5 minutes).
Wine tasting in the Cape is a splendid way of exploring the region and sampling some of the excellent wines at the numerous award-winning Wine Estates. A number of tour operators offer wine tasting tours, allowing you to relax and enjoy being driven between wine estates. Alternatively, there are many self-drive maps available allowing you to explore the region on your own steam. Most wine farms offer tastings, where you can purchase their particular wines. As a guest at The Last Word, we will gladly assist in recommending our favourite wineries and wine routes. Alternatively, we can book you on one of the numerous wine tours on offer.
Many of the wine farms also offer cellar tours which takes you through the process of making wine, from planting the vineyards to bottling. Most estates also have excellent restaurants or offer pre-packed picnics for you to enjoy in the immaculate gardens amongst some of the most spectacular scenery in the country.
South Africa is a golfer's dream. The Western Cape boasts a number of world-class golf courses. With year-round sunshine and very affordable visitor's fees, Cape Town is the ideal golfing destination. The Last Word staff will happily make golfing arrangements for you, and recommend courses to suit your tastes.
Just a short drive from Franschhoek is Pearl Valley, a Jack Nicklaus design course, voted one of South Africa's top 5 golf courses.
Please Note: the photos shown are indicative of the property and not necessarily the actual suite you will be staying in.
Condo with 1 level
1 bedroom, 1 bath, 667 square feet
2 guests maximum
Cape Town International Airport
1 hour by car
The stunning Franschhoek Mountains.
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Championship golf courses – Jack Nicklaus’s Pearl Valley (20 min by car)
- Top wine estates – Graham Beck, Haute Cabriere, La Motte, L’Ormarins (5 min by car)
- Township Tour tour is a fascinating way of learning about the cultures and traditions of South Africa.
- Award winning and world famous restaurants – Reuben’s, The Tasting Room (5 min)
Places of Interest
- Winelands: The towns of Stellenbosch, Franschhoek, Paarl, Welllington and Tulbagh.
- Hermanus (60 minutes by car): Hermanus is rich in breathtaking scenery; with its unparalleled scenic beauty, modern infrastructure, upmarket shops and endless adventure options.
- Table Mountain (60 minutes by car): Incredible panoramic vistas are only a cable car ride or a trek away, with trails leading to the top of this iconic mountain.
There are no reviews for this property yet.
- Air Conditioning
- Covered Parking
- DVD Player
- Gated Community
- Laundry Service
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Staffed Guard Gate
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo