Hermanus, South Africa
Sea Cottage is an original cape cottage with traditional thatch, located on the Western Cape of South Africa in the beautiful coastal town of Hermanus. It offers comfortable and stylish beach front accommodation and is a mere stone's throw away from the white sands of the secluded Langbaai cove. The area as a whole is famed for being the country's whale watching capital, and with its stunning shoreline and sunny climate, it's the South African answer to the Italian Riviera.
Single Family Home with 1 level
4 bedrooms, 4 baths, 3000 square feet
2x Twin, King, Bunk, and King
10 guests maximum
Cape Town International
Activities of Interest
- Walking is a pleasure in and around Hermanus given the stunning cliff path which hugs the coast from one side of the city to the other, and offers spectacular views of sea and mountains along the way.
- Hermanus' most famous beach is the blue flag Grotto Beach. Other nearby beaches include Voelklip, Kammabaai, and Langbaai, the latter of which is a mere stroll from Sea Cottage.
- Tasting rooms are also available to visit at Cape Bay Wines, Sumaridge and Bartho Eksteen, the latter of which is conveniently located in the centre of Hermanus.
Places of Interest
- Fisherman's Cottage is one of the oldest cottages in Hermanus and is a rustic no-frills seafood restaurant which oozes character.
- Bryde whales are regularly spotted in the seas off the Western Cape, especially during their annual mating and calving ritual. Good whale watching spots include the sands of Walker Bay and Grotto Beach or you may prefer to experience a sea based tour.
- For those wanting to dine out, the restaurant scene in Hermanus is buzzing and varied. Quayside Cabin is an unassuming restaurant with a buzzing atmosphere.
- Why not try your hand at shark cage diving in the Atlantic? There are several companies operating such experiences in the area.
- Only a short drive away is the picturesque Hemel-en-Aarde valley. Its climate and soil make it an ideal location for the Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay vines and there are a number of great vineyards you can visit.
Mrs Kim Grom
Our son and daughter in law and her family totally enjoyed this place and we all hope to be able to book it again another time! Excellent! Thank you! The Grom and Lamprecht family”
- 40"+ TV
- DVD Player
- High Speed Internet
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet