Big Bear Lake, California
Gold Rush Luxury Mountain Retreat
Gold Rush Luxury Mountain Retreat
The perfect mountain retreat for families and friends, Gold Rush offers luxurious resort-style living in a charming and secluded setting. Nestled in one of Big Bear's newer premier neighborhoods, this beautiful custom-built home comfortably accommodates up to 14 people in 2,800 square feet with four bedrooms, 3 baths and generous living spaces.
The 4 bedroom accommodations are as follows:
Bedroom 1: King Bed
Bedroom 1: Queen Bed
Bedroom 3: Queen Bed
Bedroom 4: 2 Bunks Beds (4 Full Size Beds)
Whether you're here for the winter snow, fall's changing colors, spring wild flowers, or a summer splash in the lake, Gold Rush is the ideal home base for your family get-away close to Big Bear's best attractions and complete with all the comforts of home. Prepare a home-cooked meal in the newly remodeled gourmet kitchen featuring stainless steel appliances, a six-burner gas stove, and expansive counter seating. For more formal meals, gather your family and friends around the dining room table under the warm glow of pendant lighting.
Grill up some burgers on the outdoor barbecue and enjoy them on the back deck overlooking the rugged slope of the hillside in your private backyard. The kids will love exploring the terrain and collecting pine cones, while you soak away your cares in the hot tub, a perfect spot for enjoying the night-time canopy of stars as well. If you find you still need to get some energy out, the garage hosts a brand new ping pong table.
Back inside, you'll find plenty to keep you, your family and friends entertained. With a split-level roomy floor plan, the upper level overlooks the billiard table and bar complete with mini-fridge and sink. Cozy up on the family-friendly, extra long L-couch for some movie-watching or video game-playing on the large flat-screen TV. If you prefer a more romantic evening, watch the flames in the gas fireplace over smooth glasses of wine. The living room draws plenty of natural light from its vast cathedral ceilings and abundant windows including sliding glass doors leading onto a deck with extra outdoor furniture.
After a day on the slopes, hiking trails or lake, you and your fellow Gold-Rushers will sleep soundly in four well-appointed bedrooms including a master bedroom featuring a king bed, gas fireplace, and spa-like bathroom with Jacuzzi tub and glass-wall shower. Bedrooms two and three are furnished with queen beds and the kids will have a blast sleeping in the two double-over bunk beds in bedroom number four (with plenty of toys, games and books to keep them busy). Need more places to sleep? The sofa in the living room converts to a queen size sofa bed, plus there's an extra mattress and lots of floor room to place it. And with three bathrooms, even a large group will enjoy the convenience.
The setting may be rustic, but the home has all the modern conveniences you need to make your stay comfortable including WIFI, cable TV, Apple TV, and flat screens in all bedrooms. So make yourself at home, lavish in the scenery and the amenities, and be sure to let us know how you enjoyed your stay at Gold Rush!
So, whether you come for winter fun, the amazing summer weather, fall colors or spring blossoms, you can't go wrong with this amazing home! Come see what makes Big Bear such an American treasure!
*Please note this host member has flexibility and is open to requests. Please contact Member Services to request specific weeks.*
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2800 square feet
King, Queen, Queen, and Other
12 guests maximum
LAX, SNA, Ontario International
2 hours by car
Mountain and neighborhood views!
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Alpine Slide at Magic Mountain- California's only authentic bobsled ride. In the summer this area is turned in to a double water slide and in the winter visitors may tube down the hill.
- Big Bear Marina Charter Service- Chose from a variety of water sports like jet skis, wake boarding, water skiing, fishing with a master angler and guide or take a scenic narrated boat tour!
- Snow Summit- Provides the premier mountain resort experience for all types of skiers as well as plenty of summertime fun like downhill mountain biking and scenic sky chair rides.
- Altitudes Massage- Big Bears most beautiful spa with the most experienced therapists providing 18 different types of massages.
Places of Interest
- Bear Mountain Ski Resort- One of the best known ski resorts in the San Bernardino area, also has a fantastic Golf Course set in front of the San Bernardino Mountains.
- San Bernardino National Forest- The wild lands of the San Bernardino and San Jacinto Mountain Ranges were designated a National Forest more than a hundred years ago, now host to year-round activities such as hiking, biking, swimming, and more.
- Pine Knot Village- Now considered the small town heart of shopping and entertainment in Big Bear inclusive of boutique shops, fine and fun dining options, and a place to catch musical and comedy acts.
- Champion Lodgepole Pine- Gorgeous hiking landmark consisting of a 5.8 mile loop. Be sure to contact and get permission from the Wildlands Conservancy before you hike.
There are no reviews for this property yet.