Scenic City Cottage
Scenic City Cottage
Chattanooga, also known as Scenic City, offers an incredible combination of breathtaking beauty, unique shops, nationally recognized foodie restaurants, and outdoor adventures as far as the eye can see. Visitors from all around the world flock to this city and the charming locals will always greet you with a kind smile. Located in the Historic North Shore neighborhood of Chattanooga, this architecturally re-designed four bedroom and three-and-a-half bathroom home incorporates the charm of a 1930s home plus all the modern conveniences of today. The most unique aspect that is not common in North Chattanooga is the in-ground saltwater pool with expansive decking to enjoy throughout the year.
Inside of this lovely cottage, the kitchen is a chef's dream with custom cabinets, granite counter tops, beautiful tiled floors, stainless appliances and a large pantry/laundry room. There is a spacious living room with a large flat-screen TV, and off to the side of this area is the dining room with seating for all guests.
The King master suite is on the main level with a gorgeous tiled bathroom and heated travertine floors, deluxe travertine tiled shower with body spray, built in shelf and bench seat, cherry cabinet double vanity with granite top and large walk -in closet with custom shelving. Bedroom number two offers a Queen bed, a large walk-in closet, ensuite bathroom with original claw foot tub and shower head, and a beautiful granite vanity. The Third Bedroom boasts a Queen and Twin bed, unique second story ''birds nest'' with walls of windows, built in seats and a gorgeous view of Lookout Mountain and seasonal firework displays. The fourth Bedroom has a Queen bed and an adjacent full bathroom.
The finished basement with tall ceilings currently set as a play room / additional living room and has a single bed with another pullout trundle bed. The basement also features a half bath that can easily be accessed from the pool.
This home is just a very short walk to Frazier Avenue and Coolidge Park, two popular spots on the North Shore. Frazier Avenue is lined with unique, local boutiques offering anything from custom made jewelry to thrifted books and records. Coolidge Park covers a great amount of green space that guests can explore for hours. From here, walk across the pedestrian bridge (the longest in the Western hemisphere) and explore Downtown and the Bluffview Art District. For an exciting night on the town, take an Uber to the Southside where you will find foodie restaurants, beautiful bars, the Chattanooga Whiskey Distillery, and many breweries.
For the thrill seekers, Chattanooga has been dubbed the World’s Most Prestigious Outdoor Award by Outside magazine, more than once. For this property especially, you're in a spectacular location for many activities. If you're into paddle boarding or kayaking, you can put in on the river right nearby. With access to some of the nation’s top venues for rock climbing, road and mountain biking, horseback riding, hiking, white-water rafting, hang gliding and more, all within a short drive of downtown, the Chattanooga outdoors offer unique opportunities for even the most hardcore outdoor enthusiasts.
Single Family Home with 3 levels
4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 3200 square feet
King, Queen, Queen, and Queen
12 guests maximum
Chattanooga Metropolitan Airport (CHA) or Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL)
CHA: 15 min by car ATLK: 2 hours by car
Views of Downtown Chattanooga and the North Shore Neighborhood.
Activities of Interest
- Hiking - Chattanooga lies in a valley and is surrounded by Lookout, Signal, and Racoon Mountain. Trails range from short walks to a lookout, to difficult treks to breathtaking waterfalls.
- Chattanooga Farmer's Market - A local staple on Sundays, from spring to fall, the Chattanooga Market features farms and food artisans selling produce, meats, cheeses, breads and specialty prepared foods.
- Chattanooga FC - Catch a game at Findley Stadium and cheer on the Chattanooga Football Club!
- Brewery Tours - Chattanooga’s breweries, wineries and distilleries are amongst the top in the nation for their intimate atmospheres, world-class tasting rooms and award winning beverages.
- Riverbend Music Festival - For a week during the summer, Chattanooga hosts this festival which includes artists covering almost every music genre on five different stages
- Chattanooga Ducks - Amazing experience where you ride a retired Military DUKW from the streets and straight into the river!
- Highpoint Climbing and Fitness - Have you ever wanted to scale the side of a building? Well now you can at Highpoint Climbing in downtown Chattanooga!
Places of Interest
- Coolidge Park - This Chattanooga favorite features ample green space, a carousel, canoe launches to the river, and more!
- TN Aquarium - More than 9,000 animals swim, fly and crawl through this aquarium dedicated to educating visitors about freshwater ecosystems.
- North Shore - This popular shopping and dining district is walking distance from the home. Be sure to explore the alley ways that feature hidden art installations!
- Rock City - Internationally recognized by the red birdhouse, see Rock City and experience breathtaking views of seven states, rock formations, and great food and drinks.
- Chattanooga Choo Choo - Visit this historic masterpiece on the Southside!
- Chattanooga Whiskey Distillery - Locals and visitors always enjoy a tour and tasting at this distillery located on the South Side.
- Ruby Falls - A 145-foot underground waterfall is the main draw of this guided cave tour with gift shops & cafes.
- Lookout Mountain Incline Railway - Experience the Incline Railway, America's Most Amazing Mile!
- Hunter Museum of American Art - Offers amazing architecture, a stunning permanent collection and exciting temporary exhibitions, a museum store and café by Dipped Fresh.
There are no reviews for this property yet.
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- High Speed Internet
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Pets (with Approval)
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet