New Orleans, Louisiana
French Quarter Paradise
French Quarter Paradise
Visiting the French Quarter is all about excitement and people around you. But, amidst the music, the food, the history, the glitter of the parades, you can kick your feet up and relax in this exquisite home. It is located in the middle of everything but away from all the fray.
The home, a stately 3,000 square feet of Greek Revival house, was built in 1840 and renovated in 1984. The home was awarded an Award of Distinction by the prestigious Vieux Carre Commission.
High ceilings and original hardwood floors throughout the property. On the first floor there are double parlors offer two areas to relax and socialize. The property is decorated with period pieces and features an extensive art collection, which complements the exposed brick walls.
If you are inclined to dine in, there is a formal dining room with seating for 12. There is a fully stocked wet bar (you replace as you use) and glassware ready to us. Enjoy some music while you enjoy your cocktails. Also on the first floor is the kitchen, a small eating area, and family room.
A first floor courtyard offers sits space for up to 10 people to dine al fresco. The walls of the courtyard are covered with art and greenery. Sit back and relax in this oasis.
A custom staircase leads to a large landing and Music Room, with keyboard, overlooking the family room and dining areas on the lower level. There is an upstairs bar table and wall to wall library on this landing. The Music room landing leads to the master bedroom.
The enormous master bedroom has a king size bed, two fireplaces, and a large seating area. The antique furnishing reflect the time period of the home. There are two separate bathrooms accessible to the master, one with a shower and one with a small claw foot bathtub. The Gallery, full size balcony, is accessible from any of the three front windows across the front of house, including in the master bedroom.
The second bedroom has a queen antique bed, fireplace and en suite bathroom with a 6' claw foot bathtub. There is a small outside courtyard, which is the perfect place to have a cup of coffee and just relax.
A bag with New Orleans trinkets will be left for you at the hallway credenza; You may take all, one, or none of the items inside, as mementos of the French Quarter.
Four bikes are available for your use, in the French Quarter or along the Lafitte Green Way to City Park. Parking for one car in parking lot across the street from the house is included.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
2 bedrooms, 3 baths, 3000 square feet
King and Queen
6 guests maximum
Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY)
Uber, taxis, rental cars; Airport is ten miles away and one parking space is included in the visit.
The sky line of the city & Rampart Street.
Activities of Interest
- Experience traditional New Orleans cuisine. Try gumbo, jambalaya, crawfish etouffee, beignets and more!
- New Orleans' music scene includes jazz, blues club, and plenty of live music.
- Port of Call is a "can't be missed" dining experience with world famous burgers.
- Visit in February for the Mardi Gras parades!
- Spend an afternoon in the Aquarium of the Americas to see gulf marine life, penguins, parakeets, and more!
- Peruse the New Orleans Museum of Art, which contains extensive art exhibits in a grand space
Places of Interest
- Cuisine: All French Quarter or Business District restaurants are within walking distance, Antoine's Muriel's. Delmonico's, etc.; Commander's Palace is a short 3-mile Uber ride away.
- All French Quarter stores, bars, restaurants and theaters are withing walking distance of the house.
- ALL genres all music are within walking distance of house.
- Architecture in New Orleans is one of a kind! Check out St. Charles Avenue, Gardens of New Orleans, or the New Orleans area plantations.
- Frenchmen Street- home to some of the city's most popular live music.
- Royal Street is the French Quarter's more refined and elegant epicenter of local artistic culture.
No better place for Mardi Gras!
We spent the most amazing week in the French Quarter with a couple of friends and our adult son and his girlfriend. The home oozes New Orleans charm and was so well set up for our week. It is well equipped if one would want to stay in and cook, but hey, this is New Orleans (!) so we wanted to try a lot of different restaurants. It is just a block and a half from the craziness of Bourbon St, and close enough to walk to almost everything -restaurants, parades, jazz clubs, shops. We took a kayak swamp tour, went to mass at St. Augustine's, had jazz brunch, saw the parades, did a couple of escape rooms, took in the sights, and ate so well! New Orleans Mardi Gras was on our bucket list, and it did not disappoint! Monique and Merrill are the most warm and gracious hosts and made us feel so welcome. We had an absolutely fantastic week! Thank you!!!”
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Chef's Kitchen
- DVD Player
- High Speed Internet
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Pets (with Approval)
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo