Baa Atoll, Maldives
One Bedroom Crusoe Villa at Soneva Fushi
The Maldives are one of the most mysterious countries on earth. In the middle of the Indian Ocean, its tiny islets shimmer like strings of pearls on sapphire sea. In total, 26 rings – or atolls – dot over 90,000 square kilometers of sea.
Across this huge expanse the islands (over a thousand tiny slivers of sand and greenery) all together comprise only 298 square kilometers of land. Soneva Fushi is one of the largest, cloaking us in rich emerald nestled in a turquoise lagoon. Stretching 1,400 metres north to south and 400 metres wide, its Dhivehi name is Kunfunadhoo, but we lovingly call it "Soneva Fushi', a marriage of our names – Sonu and Eva – with the Dhivehi word for island, "Fushi".
Soneva Fushi, is set on the privately owned tropical island of Kunfunadhoo in Baa Atoll, the latest UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve (*) . The resort can be reached by a scenic 30-minute sea plane flight direct from Malé International airport or for guests scheduled on evening flights by domestic carrier flights via nearby Dharavandhoo airport, just 12 minutes away by speedboat. We have private airport lounge for Soneva guests at seaplane terminal.
We created each of our villas with a sense of whimsy. Relax amidst the playfully rustic-chic rooms and terraces and give in to the castaway spirit.
Perch over your private pool sheltered in the trees, or take a dip in its refreshing waters. Should you wish to take to the sea, the clear Maldivian ocean awaits only steps away.
Single Family Home with 1 level
1 bedroom, 1 bath, 235 square feet
2 guests maximum
Malé International Airport
Seaplane transfer to the resort - 30 min
The beautiful Maldivian Ocean
Activities of Interest
- Glass Studio, Boutique and Gallery - Watch world-renowned glass artists create objects of art, participate in art exhibitions, learn the art of glass blowing, or even personally design your own masterpiece to take home at the Maldives’ first glass studio.
- One of the facets that attracted us to the Maldives was the richness of colour and life beneath the waves. And in fact, we were lucky enough to secure an island in the nation's most breathtaking stretch for scuba diving
- Our marine biologist will be happy to guide you to most unforgettable snorkelling spots of the Baa Atoll. Swimming with manta rays at Hanifaru bay as they migrate through from June to November. Additionally, with some luck you may see whale sharks.
Places of Interest
- The Observatory - Peer through the lenses of our telescope and set your eyes upon the Plough of Saturn. Count the moons of Jupiter. Take advantage of our remote island locale, and see celestial bodies invisible from Europe and much of the world.
- We invite you to join a classic film screening in our open-air theatre. Lie back in your cushioned lounger atop the beach and immerse yourself in the magic of Cinema Paradiso.
- Visit Baa Atoll Island by dhoni
- Learn Maldivian history with a trip to the Kudarikilu island museum
Wonderful holiday at Soneva Fushi
We had a wonderful and relaxing holiday at Soneva Fushi in the Maldives. The villa was very comfortable with all creature comforts available and located a few meters from the beach. There is a great variety of activities on offer and the island staff extremely warm, attentive and accommodating. The Maldives is a wonderful choice for anyone wanting warm calm waters, excellent snorkeling and a relaxed holiday vibe.”
- Air Conditioning
- Concierge Service
- DVD Player
- Outdoor Pool
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo