Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Palacio Copa Luxury Villa in Copacabana
The villa is one of the most desirable and innovative rentals in the center of Rio de Janeiro. Situated on a secure gated street. The property maintains the look, feel and elegance of an old mansion while featuring all the modern comforts of new construction. Complimenting the superb quest accommodations is an onsite (non live-in) professionally managed staff to see to all of your needs, prepare meals and help plan any special events. Our goal is to create a high spirited and fun spot for guests to stay while working or visiting in Rio.The Villa is the design inspiration of Mike a NYC professional prominently featured in the New York Times Home section. The property is continually updated and enhanced to provide outstanding comfort, convenience and luxury to our guests and recently served as the set for a new Brazilian movie.We specialize in providing not only an outstanding venue, catering services and planning for events ranging from business meetings to weddings.
Basically the villa is organized on 4 levels around a central atrium. All rooms open to this vaulted space via balconies, gardens, or a glass roof which electronically opens to the night sky and marvelous moon views.
Level one is a grand stone entrance foyer off the little street with entrance doors from a former old Gloria mansion. A great modern kitchen contains every possible culinary gadget, huge island with bar stools,complete business center, and enough antique porcelain to serve 100. Off the kitchen is the new decorated atrium (morning room) and a grand dining room. The atrium fireplace and over mirror is undergoing completion by the artist who completed faux painting in the restored Teatro Municipal Opera house. The ceiling opens electronically and the second floor balcony gives way to 3 bedroom suites - all with sitting areas and marble deluxe baths with jacuzzi. The dining room is great for a family having breakfast or a sit down for 24. Off these rooms is the wood paneled library with TV/Cinema area and our very special antique Titanic model which the house staff presented this July to the owner.
There is a small stone powder room off the back stone stairway. All of the major public floor rooms have fireplaces and and make for a great family space. At Christmas - the 15 foot Christmas tree is decorated by the children of the villa staff and we have our annual holiday party and open house.
The second floor suites open by three pairs of antique french doors or stained glass windows to the atrium. Each room makes for a great private sleeping and entertaining space as sofas and easy chairs make it quite comfy. Since the villa is occupied most of the year - these 3 suites are continually in the process of being re invented.
The third floor is accessed by a stone stairway (with our little Budda in the corner) and panels of native birds and stained glass and a collection of both naif art and the owners original interior sketches for the house on the walls.
Once you open the door to the third and fourth floor levels - you see the great pool with its lion fountain,
a small sitting area with our bird menagerie in cages and the all local birds drinking out of the feeders. Our roof seems to be the greenest spot in the neighborhood and attracts lots of birds and butterflies. The garden is ALWAYS a work in process as the plantings change continually. We try to keep it in flower year around with hanging planters, placas of bromiliads and orchids. The barbecue is there and the staff lights all of the gas lanterns at sunset
Off the first part of the garden is a trellised walkway of local honeysuckle and some fresh fruit trees as well as a little herb garden. There are two small cabanas off of this walkway which are kind of like 18th century wood ship cabins. They share a bath with shower. They have desks with plenty of storage, hundreds of books, and are comfy and cool little spots - full of character. Both cabanas can sleep 2 or 3. At the end of the garden walk is a separate building which houses the Bali House -a separate structure with two floors - a king size loft above and huge living room below which sleeps 4 on the banquette single beds. This house has a separate bath and shower with chicken coop type windows which look thru the glass roof all the way to the first floor.
The villa is available as a rental with only one maid to change linens and make beds for guests who want total privacy. On the other hand - the villa has a huge staff for the family or group who wants and needs lots of attention. The daily rental fee depends on the services guests need and is priced very well as compared to the five star hotel. We aim to top the service offered anywhere else in our city. We try to make guests feel comfortable from answering their first inquiries to saying goodbye and putting them in a car to return home. We can offer continental or full breakfasts, lunch, snacks, barbecues, and full sit down or buffet dinners. We are quite used to corporate, business, diplomatic, and family parties. We know the best purveyors for buying fresh ingredients, fine meats, great fish, etc. It is a fun spot and we love to throw a party for you.
We are in the process of developing an ala carte menu which will be published on our website the first week of September. It took a few years of learning what guests really want from a house rental to have a feel for how to do this. Now that prices in Rio de Janeiro have become in the league of New York City, Tokyo, or London - we feel it essential that guests have some reasonably priced options for meals. It also seems like guests who have all the intention of eating out every night - change their plans once they get settled into the villa. So we have become quite deft at putting meals together without a lot of notice. We have two lovely street fairs each week with butchers, fishmongers, greengrocers, with dozens of stalls and like to take our guests their to choose whats will be on the table that night.
Adan, our concierge, has a staff of drivers, tour guides, packaged tour operators, and can help with detailed planning for your trip - from airport pick up until you depart (and even ship those things your forgot back home !!)
Mike handles all the email requests and helps guests who do not know the city and country (or south America) on how to arrange their time based on their interests. We are affiliated with a great Rio travel agency who assists with flights, cruises, etc.
One of the Villa craftsmen is a jazz musician and knows the RIo night life scene. Another consultant is a set designer for Brazilian movies and knows what is hot in town at the moment.
IT has been a busy past three months with a total redo of the villa + movie shoots + a lot of big events BUT we will have a complete on-line villa photo scrapbook, manual, and menus within August. . The villa is closed for two weeks in August as we are redoing all of our wood floors and wood paneled rooms as well as installing new wallpapers and lighting in many areas.
BEFORE YOU MAKE AN INQUIRY-
1. we are totally rented for all of the WORLD CUP PERIOD - we can only suggest properties smaller than the villa
2. we can not offer rentals less than 5 days for large groups - it is just too time consuming to do a changeover after 21 guests have been with us for a short period. There are no short term stays for large groups at regular rental fees,
We can offer a short term rental at a higher fee that reflects our increased costs.
3. although we can house up to 21 - there is only room for 6 couples in total privacy. 21 is the maximum but 12 to 16 more ideal unless the group includes children and one uses sofas in the suites or bunk beds.
4. we can offer for the very large group the villa + our other penthouse also advertised on homeaway.com + neighboring pousada and hostels We have arranged stays for a group as large as 55.
5. rental rates VARY according to the number of guests and services requested. We are indeed an economical alternative for a large groups and offer features not easily available in most apartments or villa rentals.
6. we LOVE a party BUT DO NOT rent to groups who do not agree to abide by the villa quiet hours. We are in a family neighborhood and love our neighbors. We do not rent to any group without questions as we wish to make sure our staff, our villa, and our neighborhood are respected. We have furnished the villa with love and care and special objects and want guests to love our ambiance.
Single Family Home with 4 levels
6 bedrooms, 6 baths, 9000 square feet
Queen, 2x Twin, Queen, King, Twin, and King
21 guests maximum
Rio de Janeiro–Galeão International Airport - GIG
30 minutes by car
Activities of Interest
- Rio Alternative Tour - This company takes you on personalized, custom tours of Rio, offering an experience you won't forget!
- Estilo Voo Livre - Go on the paragliding adventure of a lifetime!
- Jungle Me - Spectacular hiking tours that take you off the beaten path, to a side of the Brazilian wilderness you never thought you would see.
- Sail In Rio - Enjoy a private sailing tour in the incredible Guanabara Bay, and along the breathtaking Rio coastline.
- DZ Dropzone - Take the plunge, and experience sky diving in Rio!
Places of Interest
- Corcovado Christ the Redeemer - Visit Rio's most recognizable landmark!
- Sugarloaf Mountain - Experience the incredible views of Rio from this spectacular mountain.
- Copacabana Beach - Come enjoy one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, with a vibrant atmosphere and full of fun loving people.
- Tijuca National Park - You’ll find historical spots, spectacular views, a beautiful waterfall, a small chapel and unusual trees in this dense, tropical national park.
- L'Etoile - A combination of great food, lights and the breathtaking views of the ocean!
It was a very fun and unique experience!
I really enjoyed staying at Palacio Copa luxery villa with my friends. When Michael decorated his villa he thought of every detail; he has a exquisite taste. This is a very cosy home in the heart of Copacabana. There is a remotely operated roof window that allows for plenty of natural light to brighten up the living room. It is imperative to close this roof window if you leave the villa late in the afternoon or in the evening during the rainy season. The abundance of fresh air and light in the main living room make it possible for a healthy hanging garden to grow from the second floor balcony. Every morning it made me happy to see the lush green leaves hanging in the living room. Rio is a very green city, and it was like seeing the natural world of Rio flowing from the roof top into this very elegant living room. The staff was very kind and helpful. They even provided us two local cellphones to contact them in case we needed something and to use freely when we were out in the street. There are many good books in the studio and in every bedroom. The kitchen is truly impeccable and it was a joy to cook a gourmet dinner for my friends. It is clear to me that Michael is a very talented interior designer. He has created a very luxurious mansion hidden in front of everybody´s eyes in the middle of Copacabana. It was a very fun and unique experience to stay in this villa with my friends.”
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Chef's Kitchen
- Concierge Service
- DVD Player
- Espresso Machine
- Gated Community
- Handicap Accessible
- High Speed Internet
- Hot Tub
- Indoor Pool
- Laundry Service
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Staffed Guard Gate
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo