Markinch Village, United Kingdom
Balbirnie House (HS)
Balbirnie House is a delightful 18th Century Georgian mansion nestled amidst 400 acres of rolling parkland in the heart of Fife.
The hotel is superbly located right between Edinburgh and St. Andrews, and very close to the picturesque East coast of Scotland with its many quaint fishing villages.
As the crow flies, we're 14 miles from Edinburgh city centre! The stunning scenery of Perthshire is an easy drive away and the vibrant city of Glasgow is just over an hour from Balbirnie. Whatever your interests, we provide an ideal base for exploring all that Scotland has to offer.
A small luxury award-winning country house hotel which combines fine food, lovely surroundings and above all a real sense of friendly Scottish hospitality, creating a quite unique setting for today’s house guests to enjoy.
With 31 bedrooms, a 3 bedroom Triplex apartment, 2 restaurants (The Orangery with speciality grill section and Balbirnie Bistro), 8 different private rooms seating from 4 to 250 and beautifully landscaped gardens, Balbirnie offers a wonderful experience, whatever the occasion of your visit.
During your stay at Balbirnie, you will be accommodated in one of our individually designed double bedrooms, each quite unique in style and character.
Fine food, lovely surroundings and above all a real sense of friendly Scottish hospitality combine to create quite a unique setting for today’s house guests to enjoy. Balbirnie really is a home away from home, and this is what we endeavour to reflect along with the traditional values of hotel keeping and personal service.
PLEASE NOTE: This property is available to 3RD HOME members through a collaboration with HotelSwaps and, as such, each stay is governed by their Terms and Conditions which can be found here: https://hotelswaps.com/guest-terms-conditions-3rd-party.
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE HOTEL DIRECTLY FOR THIRD HOME BOOKINGS. If you have any questions about this property and weeks please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The room details and photos shown here are indicative of the property and not necessarily of the room that you will be staying in.
By booking this property you acknowledge that you are responsible for paying any potential local city and tourism taxes related to your stay at the time of check out.
Condo with 1 level
1 bedroom, 1 bath, 0 square feet
2 guests maximum
Edinburgh Airport - EDI
Beautifully landscaped 400 acre parkland estate
Activities of Interest
- Lochore Meadows Country Park A wide range of outdoor adventure activities including dinghy sailing, kayaking, open canoeing, hill walking and mountain biking are on offer.
- Hunting and shooting - A range of different fieldsports can be experienced using Balbirnie as a base for accommodation and dining, and travelling to a number of private estates within Fife and Perthshire on day visits.
- Both trout and salmon fishing are available in the area, trout fishing within 30 minutes drive and salmon fishing about an hour away.
- We recommend Barbarafield Riding School in Craigrothie by Cupar, a fantastic riding school set within fabulous surroundings, which offers training paddocks and a vast array of treks for keen horseriders
- Scotland is renowned a golfers' paradise, and in particular Fife and the East Neuk Coast. Balbirnie is perfectly located to enjoy the abundance of courses that the area offers, with over 100 courses being located within a one hour's drive
Places of Interest
- Village of Markinch is worth vsiting. The hotel is located about 40 minutes north of Edinburgh and 25 minutes south of St. Andrews, perfect for touring and exploring central Scotland. Perth and Dundee are also within 40 minutes drive.
- The city of Glasgow with its fantastic shopping facilities is about 70 minutes away.
- The Royal Palace of Falkland and gardens (the surrounding village is equally charming). Kellie Castle and gardens. Hill of Tarvit Mansion House and gardens. Arberdour Castle
There are no reviews for this property yet.
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Concierge Service
- Laundry Service
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Wireless Internet