Cortona - Arezzo, Italy
Villa San Marco
San Marco's drive winds through its olive grove, passes its wrought iron gates and up its avenue of pencil pines before arriving at this classic Italian villa, where our wonderful 'housekeeper' will greet you.
Completely refurbished and with a wonderful poolhouse, the tranquil Villa San Marco is set in its parklike grounds of 4 acres, surrounded by fields, yet it has stunning views down the valley to Lake Trasimeno and also up the hill to the Etruscan city of Cortona, which alone would take many weeks to explore.
The villa is spacious, bright, beautifully decorated, elegantly furnished with many antiques and it has a warm family atmosphere.
The refurbishment created 6 new bathrooms (1 in the poolhouse), 2 fabulous 'cooks' kitchens (one indoors and one outside), a breakfast room with doors opening directly into the ivy-clad pergola, total redecoration and huge 'behind the scenes' improvements, including very high specification hot water, heating and electricity systems.
This villa is the perfect spot for a memorable holiday in this unforgettable part of Italy.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
5 bedrooms, 4 baths, 2500 square feet
Queen, Full, Full, 2x Twin, and 2x Twin
12 guests maximum
Perugia, Florence, Pisa, Rome airports
By car: 40 minutes, 70 minutes, 90 minutes, 120 minutes
Beautiful Tuscan countryside
Additional FeesThere is a mandatory $100 daily service fee that covers daily maid and housekeeping services.
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Experience the amazing taste of Etruscan fine wines with our great tours. You will have the opportunity to taste the likes of Brunello di Montalcino, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano or Chianti.
- Hiking paradise with great countryside trails all accross the region.
Places of Interest
- Made famous by the book "Under the Tuscan Sun", Cortona is built on a steep hillside and can trace its history back to 700 BC. In Cortona you can visit Etruscan tombs and see amazing artwork by famous painters such as Luca Signorelli and Fra Angelico.
- Visit unmistakable Florence - the city of the De Medici family - with its churches, palaces and priceless art collections
- Siena is a wonderful historic centre of the Gothic age and Pisa, not only famous for its leaning tower but also for its authentic and lively old town.
What a marvelous place! Simply beautiful, well appointed, cared for, comforable, truly Italian! We loved it. The owner was most helpful before our time in his Villa. His helper, Cornelia, was gracious, informative and helpful. From the villa we were able to visit Cortona, Pieza, Montalpuciano, and Montecino. Wonderful places. ”
- 40"+ TV
- Espresso Machine
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet