Irish Country Estate In The Berkshires
Irish Country Estate In The Berkshires
Disappear into the Berkshires and live a truly regal lifestyle during your week at this Irish Country Estate. This five bedroom, five bathroom, 6,500 square foot estate sits upon twenty-one acres of manicured gardens and sprawling forest. Directly across the street is Onota Lake, with public access less than two miles away.
Stepping through the front door, guests are taken back to an era where no detail was spared. Ornate wallpapers and rugs, private studies and parlors, and plenty of socialization ring throughout the halls. For guest’s reception, the home has a beautiful foyer, living room, full library, and game room. In the large living room, guests can pass the time sitting around the ornate fireplace, or watching a movie together on the large flatscreen TV. The library houses another fireplace and a small collection of more than 1,500 books!
The game room, located in the basement is where guests can go to unwind. For additional entertainment, there is an air hockey table, foosball table, ping pong table, and three upright arcade games. Here, guests will also find a home theatre, bar, and custom-built sauna - all the luxuries one might desire after a day of exploring.
The home’s kitchen has recently been entirely remodeled to fit all the needs of the modern-day chef. Beautiful dark-granite countertops create ample space for food preparation. All stainless steel appliances have been upgraded to Wolf and Sub-zero. In the kitchen, there are a few seats for lounging around the island, but just outside the room is the formal dining room. The formal dining room boasts a 1930's Spanish origin table with seating for eight. This room will make guests feel as if they are hosting a mid-century dinner party.
When it comes time for guests to retreat away from the group and get some rest, they will find complete privacy in the home’s five bedrooms – four fit with a queen, one with a twin. The beds are topped with lush linens and down comforters, calling for a cozy night of sleep. With three full bathrooms and two half-baths, guests will surely have enough space for unpacking their things and getting ready for the day.
Along with elegant beauty, this home is full of history. Once upon a time in 1940, one of General Electric’s high-level executives constructed this estate. Throughout the years, it has trickled through the possession of various corporate executives. With rich history comes rich luxury, and guests will find both here!
Single Family Home with 3 levels
5 bedrooms, 5 baths, 6500 square feet
Queen, Queen, Queen, Queen, and Twin
9 guests maximum
Albany International Airport (ALB) or Logan International Airport (BOS)
35 minutes to ALB, 2.5 hours to BOS
Five acres of rolling lawn and forest with pine, fir and maple trees.
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Jimmy Peak Mountain Resort - Largest ski and snowboard resort in southern New England.
- Norman Rockwell Museum - houses the world’s largest and most significant collection of Rockwell art.
- Crab Apple Whitewater - Never a dull moment on a Crab Apple excursion!
- Berkshire East Canopy Tours - Riders on these zips fly 187' above the valley floor. The BECT Guides are friendly, informative and trained/certified by the leading Zip Line Design and Building company in the nation, Experience Based Learning.
Places of Interest
- Tanglewood - Hear a beautiful concert at the summer home of The Boston Symphony.
- Hancock Shaker Village - A former chaker village with events, exhibits, and daily tours for the whole family.
- Berkshire International Film Festival - Showcases the latest in independent feature, documentary, short, and family films with lively panel discussions and special events focusing on both sides of the camera.
- Jacob's Pillow Dance - The Pillow presents international dance in many forms, styles, and traditions, and approximately 200 free events each season.
- Upstate New York (5 hour drive to Niagara Falls)
- New York City (2.5 hours - South)
- Boston - (2.5 hours - East)
Outstanding stay in a high class, beautiful, comfortable, New England experience home. We are two couples who had our privacy when we wanted it, but were able to get together and watch a move, cook dinner and dine with a charming country view of the grounds in a formal well appointed dining room. We ventured out into the Berkshires, and availed ourselves of the Norman Rockwell Museum, fabulous music events at Tanglewood, and quaint shopping in the surrounding communities. This home defined the 3rd home definition of 5 star hotel cleanliness, 5 star linens, comfortable beds, furniture, and attention to detail. This was a complete holiday in this estate, both couples were sad to leave at the end of our stay, and hope to return one day. The host could not have been more gracious and welcoming which greatly enhanced our experience. ”
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Chef's Kitchen
- DVD Player
- High Speed Internet
- Multiple TVs
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet