San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
Casa Lucy is your amazing vacation location for San Miguel! The villa is truly in the heart of the city! Located just 1/2 block from Parque Juarez and 2 blocks from the center of town, this house is in the prime Centro!
The famous Church of St. Michael the Archangel is just 1,300 feet from Casa Lucy! The Sanctuary of Atotonilco is 7 miles from the property.
This wonderful 2 bedroom, 3 bath retreat is just right for a San Miguel gateway. Upon entering Casa Lucy you will enjoy beautiful architectual elements with a tranquil color palette, and comfortable furnishings. The first floor there is a living room, a dining area, fully equipped kitchen and a full guest bathroom.
On the second floor, there are two large bedrooms with full private baths that both have double sinks. Both bedrooms have King beds, with fine FRETTE linens, and comfortable mattress' - please note the comforters are feather filled.
The master bedroom has a sitting area with TV. The home also has wonderful natural lighting and a roof top terrace complete, with a seating area under the covered terrace, and sun loungers with umbrella, if you want to take the afternoon sun!!
Casa Lucy has cable TV which includes ABC, NBC, and CBS. Please note that if you'de like extra channels, we can add them at the clients expense. Also included is Wifi, a Vonage phone (free calls to U.S. and Canada), and maid 3 days a week. The maid can cook at your request for an extra charge.
The house is next to Hotel Matilda, a new boutique hotel, here in San Miguel, that offers fine dining and an amazing SPA!
The nearest airport is Del Bajío International (Guanajuato Internationall) Airport, 48 miles from the property.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
2 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2000 square feet
King and King
4 guests maximum
1 hour 20 min - by car
Centro 5 min. walk to the jardin (main square) - one minute walk to the Parque Juarez - close to all the restaurants, stores, etc.
Activities of Interest
- Enjoy a Mexican take on tapas complimented by a tamarind margarita while watching the city light up for the night.
- Catch a performance at the Teatro Ángela Peralta, an elegant and intimate theater built in 1873.
- Stretch your legs at El Charco del Ingenio, a 170-acre garden reserve brimming over with varieties of cacti.
- La Gruta is a 20-minute ride out of San Miguel de Allende, true fans of hot springs can spend a whole day, taking a dip in the springs, enjoying a massage or lounging around one of the pools
Places of Interest
- Centro Histórico. San Miguel historic quarter. Restaurants, museums, hotels, boutiques.
- Jardín Botánico El Charco del Ingenio.Northeast of town (1.5km) is the 88-hectare botanic garden, also a wildlife and bird sanctuary, plus recreational and ceremonial space.
- Áperi. This restaurant is the talk of town. Regularly changing menu features the likes of duck, pork and seafood dishes, prepared with local San Miguelense ingredients.
- San Agustín. A 'don't leave San Miguel without…' experience. This sweet tooths' paradise is the best place in Mexico for chocolate and churros.
- Oratorio de San Felipe Neri. Inside this this multi-towered, domed pale pink church, are 33 oil paintings showing scenes from the life of San Felipe Neri, the 16th-century Florentine who founded the Oratorio Catholic order.
- Fábrica La Aurora. Houses over 40 artist studios, galleries, shops and restaurants. Time your visit on the first Friday of the month and you can meet the artists over free wine and cheese.
CASA LUCY IS A VERY COMFORTABLE HOME WITH A STUNNING ROOFTOP TERRACE IN A GREAT LOCATION IN CENTRO SAN MIGUEL DE ALLENDE. A TRULY CHARMING COLONIAL CITY WITH WONDERFUL SHOPS , GALLERIES , RESTAURANTS AND GRACIOUS PEOPLE . WE HOPE TO RETURN SOONER RATHER THAN LATER .....THANK YOU FOR THE PRIVILEGE OF ENJOYING YOUR HOME ”
Casa Lucy was a perfect home for us. 2 Adults w/ 2 kids. Literally 2 minutes from a small family park where locals gather to play and people watch along with street vendors. Just a 10 minute walk to the main square. There you will find the Cathedral of San Miguel, plenty of restaurants and shops as well as street vendors throughout. San Miguel de Allende is one of the last colonial style cities throughout Mexico and is about 20% retired Americans. While there are some stores and vendors that only accept MX pesos most shops and vendors there are bilingual, take dollars or credit cards. Sra. Pillar took care of us throughout our stay at Casa Lucy and made some amazing Chiles Rellenos. Super sweet lady. Even did our laundry without us asking. She really did treat us and our kids like family. We cannot wait to be back to San Miguel and maybe even Casa Lucy! Guest of Gayle- Julian & Cristina Sanchez”
- DVD Player
- Multiple TVs
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet