Quinta Do Lago, Almancil, Portugal
The sunny Algarve reflects the best that this prime holiday area has to offer.
The local Portuguese people are renowned for their courtesy, hospitality and warm welcome of foreign visitors and recognise this as one of their main industries. English is as widely spoken in this region as their native tongue.
The area of Quinta do Lago and Val do Lobo are among the most beautiful in the world, with a plethora of restaurants offering excellent cuisine and a vibrant nightlife. Socially, Quinta do Lago can be as active and varied as you choose.
Casa Mekkin is located in Pinheiros Altos, Quinta do Lago, just 20 minutes from Faro International Airport, close to Almancil and within easy reach of all the local golf courses, sports facilities, spas, and restaurants.
This spacious villa features everything that should be expected in a property of this quality. The finish, fixtures and fittings inside are superb, whilst the outside boasts entertaining patios, a large salt-water pool, and the most modern accessories one would expect of a six star hotel.
All the accommodation is to a very high standard and we encourage all our guests to enjoy the outside kitchen and BBQ area and extensive seating area and pool entertainment areas.
If you are looking for an oasis of luxury, calm, and splendor, this is the place for you.
At Casa Mekkin you will unwind and enjoy the very best the Algarve has to offer.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
5 bedrooms, 4 baths, 5500 square feet
Queen, Queen, Queen, Queen, and King
10 guests maximum
Faro International airport
20 minutes drive from airport
The villa overlooks the 2nd hole of the PInheiros Altos Golf Club
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Quinta do Lago is one of the Algarve's largest golf destinations and its courses are rated among Europe's top 25.
- In addition to Pinheiros Altos Golf Course, local golf courses within a 5 minute car journey include San Lorenzo, Quinta do Lago North, Quinta do Lago South, Vale do Lobo Royal and Ocean courses and the newly opened Laranjal.
- Boat trips are available from the beach at Quinta do Lago and it's possible to charter a yacht or venture out on a deep-sea fishing trip.
Places of Interest
- Vilamoura is one of the most popular resorts in central Algarve. The main attraction in the town is the famous marina. Here you will find all shapes and sizes of boats right up to luxury yachts.
- Faro Island - very popular with locals & Portuguese holidaymakers, the island has lovely cafes & restaurants, popular trendy bars with music & wonderful views over the beach & sea.
- The Ria Formasa UNESCO beaches
- Every Saturday farmers sell their homegrown produce at the Loule's market - colourful busy indoor market, full of fresh produce and flowers.
- Two-hour drive to Seville in Spain if you head east or to Lisbon if you head west. Both well worth a visit, but the real treats in this fabulous area lie in exploring the local villages, towns and beaches which are some of the most picturesque in Europe
- The beach at Quinta do Lago is reached by crossing a long bridge over an estuary in the Ria Formosa Nature Park and the lovely golden sands stretch along the coast to Vale do Lobo.
October visit to the Algarve
Casa Mekkin is a fabulous destination and a wonderful home. Our host was very helpful in coordinating our visit, which was our first visit to Portugal. When we arrived, we found some great welcoming gifts were left for us. The home has a gourmet kitchen, excellent wi-fi, and generally lux accommodations. The outdoor area is amazing with a beautiful view, nature sounds, and cool breezes. We would love to return to enjoy Casa Mekkin again. Many thanks to our hosts!”
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at beautiful Casa Mekkin. The home is exquisite and most welcoming. We enjoyed our breakfast by the pool and after dinner wine on the relaxing patio. We felt so much at home. Mr Barrett was most gracious and even left us a lovely welcome basket. Gilda was a delight and came by to make sure everything was perfect. It was a pleasure on all accounts! We would love to return in the future.”
We loved John's house! It's well positioned, well built, well maintained. John was so friendly and helpful. He has asked his housekeeper to prepare us a sumptuous welcome pack, from eggs and milk to wine and Nespresso capsules! So thoughtful and generous! The landscaped garden and the pool are pleasure for the eyes. We have enjoyed the elegant outdoor dining area too. It was such a privilege to stay there. Thank you John! We did love and look after your home just as if it's our own! ”
Amazing house in a breathtaking environment
The property is located at a hidden gem of the Mediterranean Europe. Properties in this part of Portugal are mainly owned by Irish and British investors, typically within nice golf resorts. Well-kept and well equipped, comfortable house, the pictures speak for themselves. The beautiful coast is 10min driving. Faro airport is just 20 minutes. Gastronomy, wines are amazing. Both Lisbon and Sevilla are 2 hours driving from the house. There were 10 of us (9 adults and one baby) and we all wish we could return some day.”
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Covered Parking
- DVD Player
- Espresso Machine
- Gated Community
- Handicap Accessible
- High Speed Internet
- Laundry Service
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet