Villa Scopetello is one of the most renowned villas in the heart of Tuscany.
Whether you spend the day swimming in the pool and soaking in the hilltop views, playing tennis on the private court, lounging around in the 700 year old villa, or strolling the cobblestone streets of the nearby medieval villages, Villa Scopetello will greet you each morning with unparalleled beauty and calm.
Villa Scopetello offers with 12 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms, 2 large kitchens, 2 large living rooms, a billiard room, an office and a bar enough space for up to 23 people.
Outside in the garden you find the swimming pool, the tennis court, the patio area with barbecue and pizza oven as well as many spaces to relax and enjoy the fantastic views across the slow rolling hills of Tuscany.
Situated in the most ideal central location in Tuscany, Villa Scopetello is very close to the "must see" destinations in the region of Cortona, Montepulciano and Pienza,
The history of Villa Scopetello is as amazing as the villa itself. Historical documents first mention the Villa in 1331, but Etruscan ruins found on the property suggest that it is even far older than that. The first recorded owner found in documents from the 14th Century was Giovanni di Diagio da Torrita. The Villa then belonged to the father of Pope Pio II, whose family owned the Villa until 1873. In 1971 the Villa was completely restored, and in 2007/2008 it was renovated and the infrastructure was modernized in order to provide guests the most convenient and lovely of experiences.
Around the villa you will also find 5 secluded hilltop hectares of beautiful traditional Tuscan landscape with olive groves, grape vines, and spectacular panoramic vistas.
A wide range of additional services can be arranged on request such as transportation, daily housekeeping, and chef's service Please enquire directly with the owner after booking for further details and costs. Pool opening time is from first of may to the end of October!
Estate with 2 levels
12 bedrooms, 8 baths, 8611 square feet
King, King, King, King, King, King, King, King, King, King, King, and King
23 guests maximum
1 hour by car
Villa Scopetello is surrounded by beautiful Tuscan countryside views and views to the town of Sinalunga
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Experience the amazing taste of Etruscan fine wines with our great tours. You will have the opportunity to taste the likes of Brunello di Montalcino, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano or Chianti.
- Horseriding. It does not matter if you are an experienced rider or a beginner, with our partners at the Pony Club Benefizio just 5 minutes from our Villa, you are sure to have a fun day out
- If you ever dreamed of discovering Tuscany from above, then a Hot Air Balloon Flight lifting off from our garden will make your dreams come true.
Places of Interest
- Visit beautiful Pienza. Its breathtaking views, incredible architecture, fabulous artwork and famous sheep's cheeses have made it a "World Wide Heritage Site" by UNESCO and the coveted Bandiera Arancione.
- Renowned for its famous Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, the wines of this hilltop town have made it a very important stop for all visitors to Tuscany.
- It is possible to spend an entire day walking through the cobblestone streets of Siena and not see it all. This medieval town is incredibly well preserved, and its architecture and artwork are fascinating.
- The open air market at Sinalunga
- Made famous by the book "Under the Tuscan Sun", Cortona is built on a steep hillside and can trace its history back to 700 BC. In Cortona you can visit Etruscan tombs and see amazing artwork by famous painters such as Luca Signorelli and Fra Angelico.
Bill & Prissy Swearingen
Our stay at Villa Scopetello to celebrate our 50th Anniversary was absolutely wonderful. Sonja & Michel were perfect host and attentive to every detail. Sonja's cooking was way above our expectations. We highly recommend this facility. All beds are not King Beds as described in the 3rd Home web sight and should be corrected. ”
- DVD Player
- Espresso Machine
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- Workout Facility
- iPod Dock Stereo