Cotignac Provence, France
19th Century Provencal Bastide
The Bastide is located in the heart of Provence, at the head of a valley facing south. The house is a walk into the village and the boulangerie yet positioned in a tranquil spot.
The Bastide has been lovingly and stylishly converted by the owner retainig its original Provencal character.
The house features a large open-plan kitchen living room with a Lacanche style cooking range and open fire. The kitchen has French doors which lead to a large terrace, perfect for al-fresco meals.
There are four bedrooms and three and a half bathrooms: two shower enclosure, large wet-room, one with a bath-tub and a shower and a separate toilet room.
The infinity pool overlooks the valley and invites to relax.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 1880 square feet
Queen, Queen, Twin, and Twin
8 guests maximum
1 hour and 15 minutes by car
The Massif des Maures and the coast.
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- The Cote d'Azur area is a wonderful destination for golf lovers: some names include Monte Carlo Golf Club, Golf de Biot, Royal Mougins, Gold de la Grande Bastide.
- Plenty of outdoor activities such as hiking, swimming in the river, relaxing at the beach, snorkeling, cycling, horse-riding and many more.
- Michellin starred restaurants within easy reach.
Places of Interest
- Stroll around Cotignac, known as one of 'The most beautiful villages of Provence'. Good restaurants, weekly food market, regular antique markets, a walkers' paradise!
- Numerous lovely villages nearby: Tour Tour (The village in the sky), Aups, the truffle capital and Villecroze.
- Nice, the capital of the French Riviera, offers a plethora of activities and amusements. Visit the Musée Matisse, the Parc du Chateau, stroll around the lively streets and enjoy the French cuisine in this exceptional town.
- Visit the Fondation Maeght, a museum of modern art and the Chapelle du Rosaire (Matisse's Chapel) both in Vence.
- The Picasso Museum, in Antibes, hosts one the most wonderful Picasso collection featuring paintings, drawings, lithographs, oils on paper, ceramics, sculptures and tapestries of the Spanish artist
Lovely French Bastide
My family thoroughly enjoyed their visit to this home, outside the quaint village of Cotignac! We were greeted by caretakers who welcomed us and gave us wonderful suggestions of what to do during our stay. It was greatly appreciated that they opened the house up early since an original 3rd home reservation we booked was suddenly cancelled by owner. That being said, it was a touch chilly but, space heaters were provided and it warmed up over time. They also could have provided some bathing products since we did not bring along any of those type of toiletries. But that was a minimal inconvenience. We loved the location, and it being a touch remote, made it feel like we owned it! Surrounded by forests and vineyards and a gorgeous view! We did several day trips with about a 20 minute ride to the A8 freeway to see St Tropez, Cannes and down to Arles, but mainly we stayed in the small villages and countryside and up to the Goerges du Verdon, a spectacular drive into the Alps. Would love to return! Thank you for letting us stay in your home on such short notice. Sincerely, Kelly O'Neill”
Quiet country house near quaint Cotignac
We enjoyed our week in the peaceful Provençal countryside. The house was spacious and equipped with most everything a guest might need. It was fun to live and shop like a local in charming Cotignac. We also enjoyed day trips to nearby villages like Carces and Salernes. And there were plenty of nearby wineries that offered degustations (tastings!) The thing that kept us from giving a 5-star rating was the condition of the 1km road leading to the house: it was quite rough. If we had known more about the road in advance we might have rented a car with higher ground clearance. We also noted that the queen-sized beds were smaller than typical American queens. All that was forgotten, however, whenever we were enjoying the spectacular views from the patio.”
The photos, as is often the case, really don't do this special house justice. It is a great combination of remoteness - the only house at the end of a 1km dirt track - and proximity to Cotignac (2km), one of the most special villages in the Var. Fab views from the dining terrace and adjoining infinity pool - extra special when the sun is coming up. The hose is simple, elegant and comfortable with a well equipped kitchen. I hope to return !”
- 40"+ TV
- Covered Parking
- DVD Player
- High Speed Internet
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo