Upper Boddington, United Kingdom
The Old Rectory
The Old Rectory dates from 1680. Made of ironstone, it is set in 6 acres of parkland with a pool and a tennis court. It is a totally special place, with beautiful gardens, fruit trees, a kitchen garden.
It is the real England. Country walks, pubs, riding and shooting are all nearby. In summer swimming and tennis will work off the food you have prepared in the spacious bright kitchen.
The house features two reception rooms, a dining room, a large kitchen, a games room. Plenty of room for a get-together, big family reunions, old friends catching up.
There are five double bedrooms and two singles and three and a half bathrooms.
The outdoor areas are great - choose between a secluded, heated swimming pool, a somewhat uneven hard tennis court, or just lounge on the lawn, playing croquet or swing ball. The pool is secure and gated and it is locked at all times when not in use.
The Rectory is in a quiet village that is a short hop from the dreaming spires of Oxford, also close to Shakespeare's town Stratford-on-Avon, and is only an hour and a half from London itself.
Heathrow airport is 1 hour and 10 minutes by car, and Birmingham airport 45 minutes. Banbury train station is just 20 minutes away making this beautiful home easily accessible from almost anywhere.
Single Family Home with 3 levels
7 bedrooms, 3 baths, 5000 square feet
King, King, King, King, Twin, Other, and Other
12 guests maximum
Car, 1 hour 10 minutes
Rolling English Countryside.
Activities of Interest
- Super Shooting School, lovely stables for hacking or dressage and let the soft English country air gently smooth the creases of your brow and walk the quiet lanes, fish the reservoir or sample the local ales.
- The area offers numerous horse races, rugby matches and small festivals.
- Cropredy is two villages away. Plenty of excellent and reasonably priced pubs: the Plough is 50 yards away, Eydon, Culworth, Napton.
Places of Interest
- The whole area is full of history - especially from the English Civil War: Blenheim Palace, Broughton Castle and The Battle of Edge Hill.
- Visit Oxford (40 mins), world-known for its prestigious university and history. This lovely city has everything you need to have a fantastic day out, from visiting museums and the university to enjoying a meal or a coffee at one of its quaint cafes.
- William Shakespeare's birthplace, Stratford-upo-Avon (40 mins), has a wide cultural and historical offer. Stroll around this beautiful town and contemplate its medieval architecture blended with nowadays life style.
- London's offer is immense (90 mins away). Some of its attractions include include Buckingham Palace and the Royal Parks, the West End theater district, Westminster Abbey and Big Ben.
The Old Rectory
We loved our time here. The house is very comfortable and the grounds are lovely. The church next door has bell practice on Monday night which was an added pleasure. There is lots to do in the surrounding area and Ed's suggestions of a butcher, pubs and places to visit were all right on. We would love to return”
- 40"+ TV
- Chef's Kitchen
- Espresso Machine
- High Speed Internet
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet