Stone Oven Farm
Stone Oven Farm
This gorgeous historical 3 bedroom, 3 bath, 2,900 sq. ft. house was built around 1850 and originally a dairy barn long ago when the town of Washington was primarily a farming community...the master bedroom is where the cows were once kept! It has since been completely reconstructed as the lovely home in the woods that you see depicted.
This home comes complete with a a gas fireplace, jacuzzi tub and bidet. The living area also has a stone, wood burning fireplace and soaring ceiling height of 20'.
The fully stocked kitchen has both a gas range/oven and an electric range/oven with a grill top. Between the kitchen and living room and in front of a large bright window is a dining area that seats 8 people.
Each of the three bedrooms conveniently have their own ensuite bathroom, and several of the bedrooms include sitting and lounging areas as well.
Outside, you'll find a patio with a dining table and outdoor furniture so you can spend some of your time out in nature, whether that be reading, napping, or enjoying each other's company and conversations.
About the area:
Named in honor of General George Washington, our nation's first president who traveled through the area several times during wartime, the town of Washington, CT is a cluster of five iconic villages in Litchfield County. The community offers nature, culture, shopping, ample food choices, and warm hospitality.
In Washington, CT, you'll find experience quintessential New England. If you seek nature, food and culture, this is the ideal home for your vacation getaway!
Single Family Home with 3 levels
3 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2900 square feet
Queen, 2x Twin, and Queen
6 guests maximum
Bradley International Airport - BDL
Approx. 1 hour by car
Serene view of quiet, wooded nature surrounding the property
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Wine Country
- Go apple-picking at Averill Farm
- Book a whitewater rafting expedition
- Unwind at the Mayflower Spa
- Spend an afternoon perusing the Gunn Historical Museum and Library
- Browse for hours at Hickory Stick Bookshop
- Enjoy a tasty breakfast and coffee at Hidden Valley Eatery, a favorite local cafe
- Explore the area's antique shops
Places of Interest
- Steep Rock Reservation (for hiking, fishing, canoeing, horseback riding)
- Institute for American Indian Studies
- Connecticut Wine Trail
- Warner Theater
- Lake Waramaug
- Dine at The Pantry or Community Table
- Bantam Cinema- oldest art house movie theatre in CT
- New Preston Falls
- Shepaug River
- Lovers Leap State Park Scenic Reserve
There are no reviews for this property yet.
- Chef's Kitchen
- DVD Player
- Espresso Machine
- High Speed Internet
- Multiple TVs
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet