Aberdeen, United Kingdom
A Junior Suite at The Marcliffe Hotel and Spa
The Marcliffe at Pitfodels is a luxurious, relaxed and ultra-elegant five-star Scottish country hotel set in its own picturesque grounds on the outskirts of the historic city of Aberdeen in North-east Scotland.
Since the officially opening in 1993 by Soviet Premier Mikhail Gorbachev, it has earned worldwide renown as Aberdeen's only five-star hotel, and the ideal base for exploring all the many riches that Scotland has to offer.
Although the Marcliffe offers a comprehensive range of superb facilities, which has deservedly earned it membership of the coveted Small Luxury Hotels of the World, it is essentially a family-friendly intimate hotel run by Owner Stewart Spence who is fiercely proud of its ambience of warmth, ease and charm.
Each one of the seven large suites has been individually designed to provide you with maximum comfort during your stay with us.
Antique furniture combines with traditional and contemporary styles of rich fabric to create an overall ambience of comfort, elegance and discerning taste.
All our suites and bedrooms have king-size or zip-link beds, while inter-connecting rooms have double and twin beds to amply accommodate four guests. Additionally, we have extra roll-away beds available for larger families.
Bathrobes, hair-dryers, refrigerated mini-bars with soft drinks and snacks, fresh fruit, biscuits, evening maid service, newspapers and magazines are all part of the service for our suites.
And we provide you with a same-day laundry and dry cleaning service.
Each suite and bedroom has two direct-dial telephone lines, and you have the choice of four television channels - Sky News, CNN and two movie channels.
The Spa offers beauty care and therapeutic treatments for both ladies and gentlemen. The staff at our Spa adds cosseting, pampering, massages, aroma therapy, facial and body treatments. Whatever spa treatments you choose, you will be in the sure, safe hands of our fully-qualified therapists.
We have a WI-FI system which provides a hook up to the Internet for hotel guests from anywhere within our hotel lobby.
(The photos may not be of the actual suite you will be staying in but are indicative of the fixtures and fittings you can expect to experience.)
Condo with 1 level
1 bedroom, 1 bath, 450 square feet
2 guests maximum
Aberdeen Airport - ABZ
30/45 minutes by car
The beautiful grounds of the hotel.
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Old Deeside Railway Line - Take a scenic hike along the old railway line of the city.
- McDougall Mountaineering - McDougall Mountaineering aims to give you the best Scottish Mountain experience of your life!
- Fishing on River Dee - Enjoy world class salmon fishing on this famous river.
- Murcar Golf Club - An attractive, 18 hole course nestled on the picturesque coast of Aberdeen.
- Aberdeen Snowsports Centre - Whether it's snowboarding, tubing, or skiing, your winter adventure is waiting for you here!
Places of Interest
- Aberdeen Maritime Museum - Visit this historic museum, and learn about this city's long relationship with the sea!
- Balmedie Beach - Located only 5 miles from Aberdeen, explore miles of flat sandy beach, and majestic dunes, characteristic of the region!
- Johnston Gardens - An exquisite, serene, hidden gem just waiting for you to explore.
- St. Machar's Cathedral - This huge cathedral boasts beautiful 14th century architecture.
- Nargile - Enjoy an authentic, Turkish meal, in this one of kind eatery!
Great 5 star hotel
Everything was perfect, especially the food and the staff. Very attentive to our every needs. Spencer was a wonderful host. ”
We will return!
Our stay at the Marcliffe was great! We stayed in a large junior suite which was very comfortable and the staff's attention to detail was wonderful. Mr Spence was a great host and helped organized some golf outings for us which was very appreciated. The food and service in the dining room were so good we found ourselves cancelling some of our reservations at outside restaurants. We will definitely return!”
- 40"+ TV
- Concierge Service
- DVD Player
- Handicap Accessible
- Laundry Service
- Multiple TVs
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Wireless Internet
- Workout Facility