Toronto Urban Sanctuary
Toronto Urban Sanctuary
This English Garden inspired three bedroom, two and a half bathroom, 2,200 square foot home offers an unusual combination of city and country living. There is easy access to the city by subway and a quiet, heavily-treed, 100 year old neighborhood to return to after a day of exploration. It's the perfect place for guests who want to be close to the action, and be able to relax without the city noise at night.
The house was built in 1936. The owners purchased it in 2005 and gutted & renovated it top to bottom. They retained the old English architecture and modernized the building systems and interior finishes. Flooring materials are cherry and stone, with radiant floor heating throughout.
The kitchen is exceedingly well equipped with a large area in which to gather and prepare meals. The adjacent living and dining areas are large, comfortable and elegant with plenty of seating.
The master has a king size bed with an ensuite bath with double vanity and glass-enclosed shower. The other two bedrooms have queen beds. They share a spacious guest bathroom with double vanity and a glass-enclosed shower & tub.
The back yard is a private space with a grill and outdoor sitting/dining area that is great for a family BBQ. The quiet streets of the neighborhood are great for family strolls. Parks and ravines are a short walk in all directions.
Toronto's reputation as a modern, diverse and livable city is well deserved.
The low Canadian dollar makes it an excellent vacation destination.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
3 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2200 square feet
King, Queen, and Queen
6 guests maximum
Toronto, Pearson International
15 minutes by car
Heavily treed in all directions; manicured front yard on pedestrian-friendly city street, private back yard with grill and seating/dining area.
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Excellent public golf courses, generally 40 minutes drive from the house
- Niagara wine region - largely underrated - 80 minutes drive away
- Toronto, like all cities, is a collection of neighborhoods. Subway to the area of your choice and explore!
Places of Interest
- Large variety of good restaurants, bars, spas and shopping within walking distance
- Explore the neighbourhood on foot! The Humber River valley is to the east (walking and biking trails) and High Park is further east, with it's more funky neighbourhood and main street, Roncesvalles Ave.
- The Subway is 1 block from the house: 25 minutes to Yonge and Bloor (shopping, museums, etc) and 40 minutes to the financial core (architecture, attractions).
The home and location were spectacular. The host was amazing and presented the property in immaculate condition. Truly felt as if we were staying at our own home. Thank you. ”
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Chef's Kitchen
- DVD Player
- High Speed Internet
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo