Experience the wonders and majesty of “Colorful Colorado." Nestled on 35 acres amidst tall Ponderosa pines, this beautiful 4 bedroom, 4 1/2 bath, 3,600 sq. ft. home is located in the Bull Domingo Ranch community just north of the town of Westcliffe, CO. The home is easily accessed by well-maintained ranch roads.
Constructed by 9" full round logs, the post and beam architectural style includes a 25 ft. great room ceiling. This living area has plenty of comfortable furniture and a stone wood-burning fireplace. Also on the first floor is a dining room with a table that seats 8, powder room, a bar room, and large kitchen that features custom granite counters and center island.
The home has four bedrooms, each with full ensuite baths. The 1st floor master with king bed has access to the deck. The 5 piece master bathroom has a footed tub and tile shower. The second bedroom on the 1st floor is a perfect guest bedroom suite. Upstairs has 2 bedrooms; a suite vaulted with a queen bed, and a queen futon. There is also an infant’s nap area. The 4th bedroom is a vaulted bunk room containing a queen bed, 2 double beds, and a twin bed. Also, upstairs is a loft area with a sleeper couch.
Outside you'll find a 1000+ sq. ft. western view deck with a new 8 person hot tub and propane fire pit, the perfect spot for viewing our nationally famous "dark skies" star gazing. A 1,500 sq. ft. covered porch encircles the entire log home with valley and mountain views. A large custom play set is set up nearby. For your parking convenience, there is a 2-car log garage and covered portico parking with handicapped ramp.
The home is situated 15 minutes north of the town of Westcliffe. This quaint town has most everything you need. You are close to a grocery store, liquor store, bowling alley, gifts shops, galleries and a number of good restaurants.
Visit the historic Jones Theatre and Performing Arts Center, which features first-run movies on the weekends year-round. During June, the theatre runs a Shakespearean festival on weekends in the outdoor amphitheater. Other activities include the Blue Grass festival and Rodeo in July.
Westcliffe is positioned between the Wet Mountains and the majestic Sangre de Christo mountain ranges. There is easy access to the base of the Sangre range approximately 5-8 miles to trailheads. The views are breathtaking, and the hiking along the 100 mile long Rainbow Trail is outstanding and will provide lasting memories to cherish for a lifetime!
There are a number 4WD jeep roads and easy access to The Great Sand Dunes National Park. The Arkansas River with 35 miles of gold-medal waters is only a short 30 minute drive.
Ideal for escaping the hectic world, Westcliffe offers true rural relaxation and authentic small town charm. We welcome you to a true Colorado experience at the Wildcat Ranch!
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 4 baths, 3600 square feet
King, King, Queen, and Other
10 guests maximum
Commercial: Colorado Springs Airport; Unattended: Silverwest Airport that has gas
1 hour 30 minutes from Colorado Springs by rental car or 30 minutes from Silverwest airport by arranged SUV
Panoramic view of magnificent Sangre de Christo Mountains with 5 14k peaks and 20+ 13k peaks.
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Go hiking/climbing in the Sangres
- DeWeese reservoir is one mile away and is the perfect place for kayaking, paddle boating, and fishing along Grape Creek
- During the summer attend local events like the Bluegrass festival, rodeos, and holiday parades
- During the winter, try snowshoeing along Rainbow trail in the Sangres
- Whitewater rafting trip on the Arkansas River and through the Royal Gorge (even zip line near the Gorge!)
- Abundant wildlife and bird watching opportunities –130 bird species verified by Audubon Society: mule deer, elk, pronghorn antelope, mountain sheep, black bear, mountain lion (rarely seen), bobcats (visit the porch of the Wildcat ranch!)
- Aspen trees color change in late Sept – early Oct
- Stargaze from the hot tub with no light pollution on the deck of the house
Places of Interest
- The Great Sand Dunes National Park- 2 hr drive
- Arkansas River- great for river rafting and "gold medal" fishing
- Monarch Mountain Ski Resort- located on the continental divide, about 1 hr drive
- Royal Gorge Bridge and train in Canon City- 45 mins drive
- Mission Wolf- a sanctuary for 50+ wolf and wolf breeds
- Westcliffe- quaint country town where you can find shops, restaurants, galleries, and a theatre
- The SilverWest- private local airport with 7,000 ft. runway that can handle private jets and other aircraft- only 20 min from the ranch!
We had a wonderful stay at Wildcat Ranch in Colorado. We really enjoyed the magnificent views of the Sangre de Cristo Mountain Range from the huge deck (and hot tub) that wraps around the entire home. The home was beautiful with all the amenities we needed and then some. The owners were an absolute pleasure to work with. Be sure not to miss the great hiking and whitewater rafting nearby.”
- 40"+ TV
- Covered Parking
- DVD Player
- Handicap Accessible
- High Speed Internet
- Hot Tub
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet