As featured in Water's Edge Magazine, Villa Spartina (Spartina is the latin word for marsh grass) is a custom built, architecturally heralded, 5000 sq. foot home located directly on the marsh of Coastal Georgia. This is a gorgeous 4 bedroom, 4 bathroom Tuscan-style Villa.
With a beautiful tabby and brick exterior, nestled among 100 year old live oaks, it seems it could have been built a century ago. Many recycled materials used in the construction. Built from salvaged brick and heart pine from an old church building in Chattanooga, TN from 1888. Step inside the interior and the amenities are modern day, however, heirlooms and antiques fill the home.
Enjoy waves of emerald marsh grass right outside the door!
Located at Tolomato Island near Darien, Georgia, it is the perfect launching place for exploring Coastal Georgia and eco-tourism adventures.
Fishing, Crabbing, Biking, Kayaking are all just minutes away.
Only 35 minutes away from Saint Simon Beaches and Jekyll Island!
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 4 baths, 5000 square feet
Queen, King, 2x Twin, and 2x Full
8 guests maximum
Savannah Ga, Brunswick Ga
Savannah 1 hour by car Brunswick 1/2 hour by car
Marshfront, deep in the marshes of Georgia
Activities of Interest
- Boat launch 2 miles away-bring your boat
- Day Trip to Little Saint Simons- one of the best bird sanctuaries on the east coast (www.littlesaintsimonsisland.com/about/day-trips.htm)
- Fishing, Crabbing, Biking, Kayaking
- Tour of Sapelo Island- a remaining Gullah/Geechee community (www.gacoast.com/geecheetours.html)
- Kayak tour through old rice plantation canals (www.southeastadventure.com)
- The Tolomato Island development has a private pool and Tennis facilities for its residences and guest
Places of Interest
- Wine tours on the Darien River (www.captianphillip.com/wine-cruise.html)
- Historic Savannah one hour away
- Historic Jekyll Island 35 minutes away
- Saint Simon Beaches 35 minutes away
Sam and his family were the perfect host. They were available for our every need and exceeded all our expectations. Their home was like discovering an oasis in the desert. The home was huge, beautiful, and fit perfectly into the environment. We could not have been more pleased. It truly was what I would define as " A Refuge From the Storm". Thanks for such a wonderful stay. The Moody's”
Beautiful custom home with amazing marsh and inlet views
My family and I stayed at Villa Spartina over a long weekend, early in the summer season. Our host was gracious and met us on arrival to show us the many features of the home. It was spacious and comfortable, with a big, well-stocked kitchen and both indoor and outdoor seating for meals and family board / card games. Outdoor was my favorite, with expansive water views and birds. We also liked the neighborhood tennis courts and swimming pool. Darien is a 30-45 minute drive away from St. Simons and Brunswick Islands, and we enjoyed both golf and beaches during the weekend. We would recommend this home highly for a vacation, most anytime during the year. ”
- Air Conditioning
- Chef's Kitchen
- DVD Player
- High Speed Internet
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo