Nr Kingsbridge, United Kingdom
SLOOPSIDE - House and Annexe
Located at the mouth of the Avon Estuary, Bantham is a quiet, unspolit and picturesque village within the South Hams, an Area of Outstanding National Beauty.
Recently extended and remodelled to a high standard, SLOOPSIDE provides a relaxing holiday environment for up to 14 guests comprising the main house sleeping ten and the self-contained two bedroom annexe sleeping four.
The house makes the most of its unique location, offering uninterrupted views over Bigbury Bay towards Burgh Island from all its living areas and bedrooms.
The Main House is comprised of a large open plan living space with kitchen, dining and lounge areas; a modern, well equipped kitchen and a lovely covered outdoor dining area with commanding views which is perfect for al fresco meals.
The master bedroom with en-suite shower room and a door to the garden can be arranged as either twin or double room with super king bed.
The first floor master bedroom with en-suite has a king size bed and a door which leads to the balcony.
There is also a double room with king size bed and door to the garden and a children's bunk room where sleeps four.
The main house has a family bathroom and a wet room.
The Annexe is comprised of a large open plan living space with kitchen, a dual aspect dining area, lounge and a well equipped modern kitchen.
This property has a master en-suite bedroom with a king size bed and a double room which can be made up with twin single beds or a kind size bed. Both of the bedrooms have a door to the garden. This property also has a family bathroom.
Each area is equipped with a wood burning stove for cosy winter evenings, washing machine, tumble drier, dishwasher, large fridge with ice box and a wine fridge.
The garden at the rear of the house enjoys wonderful views out to sea, and is divided into two separate areas, giving both the main house and the annexe their own generous, private garden spaces.
The upper garden behind the main house has a spacious patio and lawn area fringed with borders of white escallonia and box hedging.
The lower garden behind the annexe also has a patio area and gently sloping lawn area lined with hedges of white escallonia and rugosa roses.
During the summer season, garden furniture including sun loungers and barbecue are provided for guests.
A dedicated parking area to the side of the house provides parking for four cars.
If required, there is an additional parking space on the hard standing in front of the main house.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
6 bedrooms, 6 baths, 3500 square feet
King, Twin, King, Bunk, King, and Twin
14 guests maximum
1 hour by car
Uninterrupted views across Bigbury Bay to Burgh Island and its iconic Art Deco hotel from all the bedrooms and living areas.
Activities of Interest
- Bantham Beach, with its iconic view of Burgh Island, is a traditional ‘bucket and spade’ family holiday destination.
- It is perfect for other activities as walking, swimming, rock pooling, body boarding, stand up paddle boarding, windsurfing, canoeing, kayaking and fishing.
- The 14th century Sloop Inn has a good reputation for food, serving lunch and dinner daily.
- Bantham Village Stores sells fresh bread, newspapers and a range of essential food items and beach things. It also has a café with an outdoor area overlooking the river estuary.
- The nearest town of Kingsbridge has a lively high street with great independent shops including two butchers, a fishmonger and green grocer. On the first and third Saturday of the month, there is a farmers’ market until 1pm.
- Just under a mile away is the larger village of Thurlestone where visitors can play golf and tennis at the local golf club; the golf course is regarded as one of the most beautiful in the South West.
Places of Interest
- Bantham Beach is the most popular beach on the south Devon coast for surfing and kite-surfing.
- Dartmoor National Park is about half an hour inland, and there are also a number of National Trust properties in Devon.
Susan Holmes and girlfriends
A beautiful well appointed home for a holiday with family and friends with lots of space to relax and enjoy the spectacular views over Burgh Island. Great walks over the hills and a good Gastrobus and pub walking distance if you don't want to cook. Breakfast in the local café overlooking the river was also very good. Would definitely stay again. ”
- DVD Player
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo