Salem, South Carolina
Rustic Retreat on Lake Keowee
This grand retreat on Lake Keowee is the perfect place to bring the whole family and sleeps up to 20 people. Spacious and decorated down to every last detail, it is sure to impress. Extensive outdoor entertainment space with a trail that leads to a dock makes this the perfect getaway for outdoor recreation.
With over 300 miles of shoreline and crystal-clear Blue Ridge Mountain waters, Lake Keowee is one of the purest lakes in North America and the ideal setting for outdoor recreation, watersports and family fun.
With heavily wooded surroundings, wildflowers, ravines and the largest known fruit-bearing North American Pear Tree in the country, it is easy to feel like you are simply taking a walk through a national park.
*** PLEASE NOTE: Golfing at The Cliffs at Keowee Falls golf course is not permitted for ThirdHome guests. ***
With Greenville, Clemson and a host of charming smaller towns all within a short drive, our home offers easy access to cultural outlets, entertainment venues, shopping, academic centers and nationally recognized health and medical facilities.
Rustic Retreat is just a 45 minute drive to Clemson University. Why not head over and watch the National Champion Clemson Tigers play a game this fall? Here is the home game schedule:
September 2 Clemson vs. Kent State
September 9 Clemson vs. Auburn University
September 23 Clemson vs. Boston College
October 7 Clemson vs. Wake Forest
October28 Clemson vs. Georgia Tech
November 11 Clemson vs. Florida State
Single Family Home with 3 levels
8 bedrooms, 6 baths, 6000 square feet
King, Queen, Queen, King, Queen, 2x Full, King, and Queen
20 guests maximum
Greenville–Spartanburg International Airport - GSP
1 hour by car
Lake Keowee and the Blue Ridge Mountains
Activities of Interest
- Headwaters Outfitters - Dedicated to providing safe, family friends outings, this company offers fishing and boating trips that everyone will enjoy!
- Blue Ridge Mountains - Enjoy miles and miles of hiking trails through the spectacular Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Jocassee Lake Tours - Explore the remote reaches of Whitewater River and Falls, Wright Creek Falls, Thompson River and Falls, Horsepasture River, Laurel Fork Falls, Toxaway River, and Sky Falls.
- Jocassee Adventures - Jocassee Adventures offers some of the best lake and waterfall tours, as well as scuba diving and snorkeling, around town!
Places of Interest
- Devils Fork State Park - The mountain spring-fed Lake Jocassee encompassed by the Jocassee Gorges, waterfalls accessible only by boat and some of the best South Carolina trout fishing are all part of the allure of Devils Fork State Park!
- Highlands, NC - This beautiful town is just a short 45 minute drive away!
- Biltmore House (one hour away) - Experience the glory of a Biltmore summer, when longer days mean more time to enjoy the fun-for-all-ages appeal of the estate and a host of leisurely pursuits!
- The Lil Briar Patch - The Most Unique Gifts, Garden, & Gourmet Shop in the Triad!
Rustic Retreat is an awesome home in a great location. Everything is first class and exceptionally well done. The home is spectacular and Lake Keowee is too. I would highly recommend this property!”
Perfect summer vacation!
We loved our week at the Rustic Retreat. Lake Keowee is beautiful, clean, and exactly the right temperature. The owners quickly responded to our questions and we had no problems at all. We enjoyed the use of the paddleboards and kayaks, right in our own backyard. The house easily accommodated our 3 generations of family, and we took advantage of the fully-equipped kitchen, the outdoor dining and lounging areas, and the comfy inside spaces. We would definitely return to this wonderful vacation spot.”
Great Home on Lake Keowee
Our family totally enjoyed your beautiful home on Lake Keowee. I was a wedding anniversary party for our family and friends. The home is beyond expectations and very comfortable. I highly recommend this home.”
Amazing Home, Generous Owners
My large group of family and close friends went to this home over the holiday week and we could not have had a more wonderful time. Truly, this home is spectacular and lives up to the name of a "Rustic Retreat". Immaculately decorated, extremely cozy and comfortable, with plenty of space for everyone to enjoy. The kitchen is beautiful and we made many great meals that we enjoyed both indoors and outdoors on the patio. The trail/steps lead straight down to the dock directly on the river, and the owner made sure we had everything we needed to have the best time possible. The views on the lake are breathtaking, and a nearby marina can provide a boat for a relatively affordable price. Honestly, we could not have asked for a better vacation. I would definitely bring my whole family down here again. Top notch!”
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Chef's Kitchen
- Covered Parking
- DVD Player
- Gated Community
- High Speed Internet
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Staffed Guard Gate
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo