Linville, North Carolina
Grandfather Golf and Country Club Estate
This estate is part of the Grandfather Golf and Country Club an exclusive and luxurious private club community know far and wide.
This beautiful one story home has an ideal floor plan for entertaining family and friends and is situated on 2 acres.
A great room encompasses the living, dining and kitchen areas, with gorgeous pine flooring and many windows.
An oversized stone fireplace with built-in shelving, hardwood floors and wood plank ceilings with exposed beams add natural beauty to the spacious family room.
This bright and open kitchen offers ample space for meal preparation and storage, while a separate desk area helps
the owner stay organized.
A separate dining area is perfect for hosting dinner parties.
A large master suite offers a sitting area and a beautiful bath area. It is complimented by a sitting area which opens onto a terrace — a great place for morning coffee.
A guest wing includes another large living area with custom built-ins as the hub for four spacious guest suites.
Stonework, Banner cabinetry, a screened porch and a 3-car garage are additional special features of this home.
But its the community that really makes this home special.
Nestled in the heart of North Carolina’s majestic Blue Ridge Mountains in Linville, N.C., Grandfather Golf and Country Club is a private club community, owned exclusively by its membership.
The club grew from a golf heritage honoring the traditions of the game. In fact, Golf Digest recently named our championship links to its list of America’s 100 Greatest Courses for 2013/2014.
Yet, golf is not the only influence driving community life. Grandfather’s breathtaking location, rich amenities, diverse activities and core values continue to elevate our family experience.
Charming homes, spectacular surroundings and lifelong friendships are immediately evident. Yet, they are just the beginning of the Grandfather story.
Single Family Home with 1 level
5 bedrooms, 5 baths, 4200 square feet
King, Queen, Queen, 2x Twin, and 2x Twin
15 guests maximum
Tri-Cities Regional Airport (TRI)
1 hour by car
2 acres of private land on Grandfather Golf & Country Club with views of Grandfather Mountain and Linville River Valley
Additional Fees*Green fees are not included in booking
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Dine at one of the fabulous restaurants the country club has to offer. They include: Grandfather Grillroom, Dornie Lounge, Beach Pavillion Snack Bar, and 10th Tee.
- The sandy shore and Beach Pavilion on Loch Dornie Lake provide hours of summertime fun for all ages.
- The Art Loft is a place where members commune for drawing and painting sessions, special demonstrations, and classes.
- Enjoy world-class culinary experiences at one of our specialty wine dinners - featuring the skills of our Executive Chef, Pastry Chef, Wine Director and more in an intimate setting.
- Loch Dornie Lake is known for bass fishing. Native streams winding through the property brim with trout. Fly fish or find a fishy spot and spend hours relaxing on the banks.
- Grandfather offers everything needed for an active lifestyle, including a 2.5-acre all-sport field for soccer or softball with a quarter-mile paved walking track, volleyball court, full-length basketball court and horseshoe pit.
Places of Interest
- Grandfather Golf and Country Club offers an internationally renowned Championship Golf Course ranked as the second best course in North Carolina.
- Just 4 miles down the road is the popular Blue Ridge Parkway, leading the way to one of three nearby ski resorts.
- The Mile High Swinging Bridge is a major tourism attraction in the famed Grandfather Mountain State Park.
- The Clubhouse offers a formal dining room, lounge, reception area, great room, Golf Shop, card room and covered deck.
- Grandfather is in close proximity to three ski resorts. Enjoy cross-country skiing, ice-skating and exploring the snowy woods with a thermos of soup.
Great family holiday!
A perfect Thanksgiving holiday in the mountains of North Carolina. What a fantastic house in a great setting. The house has a nice layout, with everything on one floor but in two sections. Great for the kids and adults to get some space yet stay together! The club facilities were first class as we had a fine dinner in the clubhouse and gingerbread house and wreath making for the kids. The fitness center has everything you would ever need complete with a sauna afterwards. Although the course was closed for the season, we were able to jog it and experience the fantastic scenery. We'll have to come back for golf. Thank you to Tim and Penny for your hospitality! Chad and Kathy Shields”
Grand Resort and Superb Home
We enjoyed our stay at the Grandfather Golf and Country Club Estate -- a premier home with great hosts -- Tim and Penny. The resort has the #2 Golf Course in North Carolina and one of the Golf Digest's Top 100 Public Courses. The white sand beach on the lake was a hit with our grandchild. The home is comfortable and elegant. This area has many "tourist" attractions within 30 minute drive. Will definitely return when we get a chance! Felix and Judi S.”
Grandfather Mountain Club
We had a wonderful stay at Grandfather. The house was amazing and very well equipped for all of our needs. The guest wing with four ensuite bedrooms and it's own family room was ideal for our visiting children. The children could watch their movie while the adults visited in the living room. The owners went out of their way to share information about the surrounding area. The Linville area has lots to offer and everyday was an adventure. The golf was terrific and Lake Dornie with all of it's boats was fun for the children. We would visit again and can highly recommend this property.”
Amazing Home and Hospitable Hosts!
We truly walked into a mountain fairytale when entering the Grandfather Country Club community and this amazing home. The owners had left us a gift basket with food and treats as well as a sweet personal note that gave suggestions and local favorites. We were busy while we were there, with visits to Grandfather Mountain, Gem mining, Waterfall hiking and the Mast General Store. Plenty of activities, even in the off season. It even snowed! The home was inviting and perfect for late night games by the fire after the kids were in bed. We love this home and will likely go back. Thank you!”
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Chef's Kitchen
- Covered Parking
- DVD Player
- Espresso Machine
- Gated Community
- High Speed Internet
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Staffed Guard Gate
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- Workout Facility
- iPod Dock Stereo