Lucignano, Arezzo, Italy
Il Vallone: Lovely 16th Century Tuscan Farmhouse
A charming private home, nestled in the heart of the Tuscan countryside, Il Vallone is a mere 4 km. from the medieval village of Lucignano, an hour south of Florence and 40 minutes from Siena and Cortona ("Under Tuscan Sun"). A glassed-in loggia overlooks the distant fields, the garden and small pond, teaming with goldfish. The house is cozy enough for two but can sleep up to 5. Almost all rooms have high ceilings, exposed beams and tile floors. Though we remodeled after purchasing the house, we have respected the original architecture of this 600-year old farmhouse that boasts a windmill and solar panels, though no TV or internet access for the time being.
Elisa who oversees the house, is an excellent cook and is willing to share her secrets for the perfect lasagna or tiramisu upon request. She treats all guests as family.
Our 3RD HOME guest have access to two private lakes, one 5 minutes by car, in a very intimate setting, the other about 10 minutes away for those who prefer long distance swimming.
Though there are no other houses in sight, Il Vallone is centrally located and the perfect pied-a-terre for avid sightseers, as well as the ideal refuge for musicians, writers, artists.
Fun fact: In the summer of 2009, Juliette Binoche (best actress at Cannes Festival, 2010), starred in "Certified Copy," mostly shot in Lucignano.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 2 baths, 2500 square feet
Twin, Full, King, and 2x Twin
4 guests maximum
Florence Airport - FLR
1 hour by car
Tuscany Countryside, fields, woods
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Tennis Shopping Sightseeing Restaurants Swimming Biking Hiking Health/Beauty Spa Antiquing Live Theatre Museums Horseback Riding
- Hotair Ballooning
Places of Interest
- Rapolano Thermal Springs (XIII century)
- Maglificio Bianchini, outlet store for high end Italian design in Lucignano and a large center of outlet stores about 15 min. away
- The village boasts a 15th century fortress, the exquisite Gothic church of San Francesco, and a small museum with frescoes from the Sienese and Aretine schools.
- Famous hilltop villages such as Cortona, all within half an hour to an hour's drive
There are no reviews for this property yet.
- Handicap Accessible
- Washer & Dryer