Wedding Cake Mansion
Wedding Cake Mansion
Long-time Savannah residents named this historic home the Wedding Cake Mansion because its elaborate white bay window with ornate stained glass and white ornamental ironwork resembles a sumptuous "wedding cake." A French influence is carried throughout the mansion with breathtaking 19th century Chrystal chandeliers, European antiques, art and decor.
The marble master bath showcases an imported stained glass window over the 6-foot whirlpool bath, French fixtures, antique sconces, double vanities, and a two-person shower.
The remaining eight bathrooms have such adornments as Italian mosaics, antique vanities, hand-painted murals, body sprays, and more. The mansion’s penthouse floor takes on a 1940’s “Bogey and Bacall” movie era theme, extensively using mirrors in furnishings and appointments to create a “Glamour Suite.”
Two gourmet kitchens with stained glass windows, custom designed cabinetry, top of the line stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops will make the everyday chef or the culinary master feel at home.
The Wedding Cake Mansion sleeps 10 guests. The parlor, third floor and fourth floor are accessible via a full-service elevator.
Single Family Home with 4 levels
5 bedrooms, 5 baths, 6000 square feet
Queen, Queen, King, Queen, and King
10 guests maximum
Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport - SAV
30 minutes by car
Beautiful Monterey Square
Activities of Interest
- Savannah's Ghost Tours - Walk through the most haunted parts of the city. A fun, spooky activity for the whole family!
- Savannah Riverboat Cruises - Take a tour of historic Savannah on the water. You won't believe the incredible views!
- The Weston Savannah Harbor Golf Resort and Spa - A gem of southern hospitality, The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa invites its visitors to create charming memories that last a lifetime.
- Savannah Beer Bike Tours - Experience the ride of a lifetime on Savannah's largest bicycle, sipping on a cold one as you pedal!
- Rocking M Ranch - An excellent stable for first time riders, and fun for the whole family!
Places of Interest
- Tybee Island - Take a day trip to this charming island off the coast, and soak up the sun!
- Savannah Historic District - The Historic District of Savannah is the heart of one of the most beautiful cities in the world, with cobblestone streets, manicured gardens, and oak-shaded parks!
- The Lady and Sons Restaurant - Paula Deen's famous restaurant. Come on in!
- Savannah Candy Kitchen - Stop by for a sweet treat, like their famous Pecan Caramel Corn!
- Olde Pink House - Here you'll find inventive, Southern cuisine served in an elegant Colonial mansion.
Definitely Luxury Living in Savannah
Third Home at its finest. The renovation of this late nineteenth-century mansion was superbly accomplished with outstanding attention to detail. This home is extremely well appointed, comfortable, and elegant. Our delightful hostess dropped by to say hello, bottle of wine in hand - always welcome. This fabulous home is perfectly located in Historic Downtown Savannah minutes walking distance from a wide choice of restaurants and bars featuring talented mixologists. Five shining stars for this location. ”
The owner has done a perfect restoration on a wonderful house, and it was truly a privilege to stay there. The location is in Savannah's historic district, and everything is within a 20 minute walk. We certainly hope to return when it is offered next.”
Savannah's Wedding Cake Mansion
This home is one of the photographed homes in Savannah and with good reason. My husband is an architect, and we were so impressed with the grandeur of the Victorian period restoration. There are many antiques, period furniture, and lovely artwork in this grand home. The bedding was comfortable and elegant. The home is well equipped with modern conveniences too. The mansion is within walking distance to many local restaurants and attractions. You can stay busy every minute with so much to see and do. We give this home 5 stars. Patty and Tom Crews ”
Lovely Southern Mansion
We had a delightful time at the beautifully appointed Wedding Cake Mansion. It was comfortable and spacious with all the modern conveniences.... all while retaining the old world charm of yesteryear. Thank you Tammy Jo for making this wonderful property available to 3rd Home members.”
Luxurious & Stunning
We actually were able yo live in an Historic 19th century Mansion that most people only get to tour and stay behind the ropes . It was unforgettable. The Emery's”
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Chef's Kitchen
- DVD Player
- Handicap Accessible
- High Speed Internet
- Hot Tub
- Multiple TVs
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet