Cape Town, South Africa
The Old Farmhouse
The Old Farmhouse is an elegantly restored grand house situated in the Newlands area of Cape Town and silhouetted by Table Mountain itself. Featuring a lush garden with rolling lawns and a river, this spacious home is the perfect base from which to explore South Africa's Western Cape. Local amenities and restaurants are all within a 5 minute stroll, and the bustle of Cape Town's centre can be reached within 10 minutes.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 3500 square feet
King, 2x Twin, King, and 2x Twin
5 guests maximum
Cape Town International
Table Mountain and the lights of Cape Town.
Activities of Interest
- Camps Bay, Clifton beach and Llandudno beach are white and sandy offerings which have spectacular views and sunsets.
- A central position to reach all of the most popular beaches within 20 minutes, which are dotted all along the Atlantic coast.
- Hire an AC Cobra and head 50km south east to Cape Point. This promontory is situated in the southern section of the Table Mountain National Park and offers mountainous scenery amidst the richest floral kingdom in the world.
- Golfers will be thrilled with the abundance of golf courses in and around Cape Town. Royal Cape Golf Course is the oldest in South Africa and a championship course, whilst Mowbray Golf Course is only 10 minutes and offers sweeping views of Devils Peak and
- A challenging hike to the summit of Table Mountain will take about 1.5 hours depending on your level of fitness, but a cable car is also available.
- Table Mountain Walks will organise an escorted hike, and the guides will take you to the less frequented areas of the mountain so you can experience some magical flora and fauna along the way.
Places of Interest
- Less than 10 minutes from the city centre, the house is also a short walk from a cluster of popular shops and restaurants known locally as Newlands Village.
- Dine in style at the opulant Opal Lounge, which has a stunning view of Table Mountain and offers a delicious fusion menu in the settings of an old Victorian villa.
- For fresh, line-caught fish and seafood, Panama Jack's offers a buzzing dining experience and the best lobster in town. The restaurant is situated on Table Bay Harbour in the working docklands of Cape Town, and reservations are essential.
- Take a stroll around the picturesque Victoria and Alfred Waterfront, which is now a veritable institution in the city.
- Packed with restaurants, bars, shops and an aquarium, you'll be able to while away several hours browsing the offerings of the V&A and people watching.
There are no reviews for this property yet.
- 40"+ TV
- DVD Player
- High Speed Internet
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet