La Plagne, France
Ancolies Lodge is a magical, ski-in / ski-out, 'chocolate-box' chalet in La Plagne, set in a perfect location to explore the entire Paradiski ski area. The largest cable car in the world, linking Les Arcs with La Plagne, is only one lift away so energetic skiers have it all on their doorstep. Traditional, Savoyard wood and stone construction gives the lodge a romantic charm and character, with exposed beams, a log fire and bedrooms which are all en-suite.
Our ski chalets in La Plagne have all the home from home amenities you would expect, including satellite TV, widescreen TV's, Wi-Fi, media centre PC and iPod compatibility. In addition, Ancolies Lodge has an eight person Jacuzzi, its own bar and a large dining area for you to fully enjoy our cuisine and hospitality.
For those wishing to venture further afield, the bars, shops and restaurants of the village are only 5 minutes walk away. With narrow cobbled streets and 17th century chalets, the village is a traditional, charming, alpine experience and right in the heart of some of the best skiing in the world.
This is offered to members on a self-catered basis, but full catering with some ski hosting can be done on a per person basis of:
- £250 per person in February
- £170 per person in March
- £170 per person in April
Single Family Home with 3 levels
8 bedrooms, 8 baths, 3000 square feet
2x Twin, Queen, 2x Twin, Queen, Queen, 2x Twin, 2x Twin, and Twin
15 guests maximum
The Alpine hills of La Plagne
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Skiing: The chalet is a mere 1 lift away from the Vanoise Express, which is the world's largest cable car and joins La Plagne with Les Arcs to create the Paradiski ski area.
- For thrill seekers why not let chalet staff arrange a heli-skiing trip.
- In the summer, you are only 15 minutes from the river where you can take part in white water rafting and kayaking, and there is a lake nearby which is great for swimming in.
Places of Interest
- Set high in the magnificent Savoie French Alps, dominated by the mighty Mont Blanc, La Plagne is one of the most famous and exciting high altitude ski areas in the world.
- For Apres Ski, a wide variety of cafes and bars cater for all tastes. You may like to try Bar Etoile and Couleur Caf in Plagne 1800, Matafan bar in Belle Plagne for its rustic French flavour or Mat's Pub in Belle Plagne.
- Eating out offers a massive choice throughout the villages. Fondues or raclette start from around 18 Euros, or a 3-course meal with wine for around 25 Euros. Try the La Grange for Savoyard specialities or Matafan and Le Bec Fin for local specialities.
Pure fresh air and magnificent views
I had never considered a summer mountain holiday before but am very glad I gave it a go and would recommend it. Ancolies Lodge had plenty of room for all 16 of us and was an easy and homely space to be in. We had 9 teenagers in our group (yeah, I know...) and it was great for them. The boys spent hours every day roaming around the mountainside and socialising with other "ados" - as the French say - at the ice rink and ping pong tables. We all enjoyed white water rafting and getting the chair lift up for downhill only mountain walks among the forests and flower filled meadows. The 10 min morning hike for bread and milk took us a day or two to acclimatise to but was entirely do-able. Jeb, the local property manager, was around every day to check on the pool and hot tub and was willing and able to deal with the small issues that arose. ”
Ancolies Lodge is a true "ski-in, ski-out" chalet situated in the picturesque village of Les Coches at the heart of the Paradiski area, making access to Les Arcs and La Plagne easily accessible. The Paradiski area is great for all levels skiing with easy runs for beginners and great off-piste for experts. The lodge itself worked very well with a large group (we were 13 adults). There are three double bedrooms on the ground floor, two double's on the middle floor (along with the open plan kitchen/living room) and two doubles and one triple on the upper floor. Two of the bedrooms on the top floor are height restricted due to the eaves and are definitely too small for anyone over 5ft tall. Although the chalet finish is not luxurious (no carpets in the downstairs bedrooms for example) it is certainly comfortable and warm with lots of wooden features, hot water and even has a hot-tub and a plunge pool! All the rooms have en-suite's, however most are showers only and there are only two bath's in the property. The chalet is managed by a company called Snow Chateaux who kept the place clean and tidy, they prepared breakfast, baked afternoon cakes and cooked a decent evening meal - overall they were very efficient. The major selling point of Ancolies Lodge is it's location and proximity to the excellent slopes of the Paradiski. I would certainly go back and I would certainly recommend it to a friend. ”
- 40"+ TV
- Chef's Kitchen
- DVD Player
- Espresso Machine
- High Speed Internet
- Hot Tub
- Laundry Service
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo