Chateau de Varennes
The beautiful Chateau de Varennes is located in South Burgundy, close to the famous vineyards of Beaune (Pommard, Meursault, Cotes de Nuits), Dijon and Chalon.
In the family for over 400 years, the current chateau was built more than two centuries ago and kept its original furniture but bathrooms, bedrooms and kitchens were fully refurbished recently.
The accommodation comprises a total of 8 king size bedrooms with 8 bathrooms, an enchanting living room and dining rooms for a total of 16 guests.
Burgundy’s wine is appreciated by a broad spectrum of people, ranging from the casual wine consumer to the sophisticated wine collector.
Besides its famous wines, Burgundy has a selection of
beautiful medieval churches, castles, and historical buildings,
which attract more than two million tourists from all over the world each year.
The cuisine of Burgundy is known for its richness, due in large part to two factors: the region's heavy red wines
and its possession of one of the world's finest breeds of beef cattle, the Charollais. Chicken from Bresse (grown free range and grain fed) are very popular near Varennes.
Due to the size of the property, it is highly recommended that you have daily housekeeping services and a chef that can be arranged at an extra fee.
PLEASE NOTE: the guests will not have exclusive access to the entire Chateau which has 20 bedrooms.
One or two other bedrooms in the property might be occupied during your stay.
Estate with 2 levels
8 bedrooms, 8 baths, 4500 square feet
King, King, King, King, King, King, King, and King
16 guests maximum
1 hrs 30 mins by car
Stunning French country-side
Activities of Interest
- Horse-riding for all levels available at Ecurie Terranaise. Certainly the best horse riding school in the region. Excellent horses and poneys.
- Golf lovers will not be disappointed with the great facilites at The Golf of Val de Sorne, located near Lons le Saunier. This is the most beautiful 18 hole of the region.
- The Doubs River is the green border between Switzerland and France. It crosses the Jura mountains and heads into the Saone River near Varennes. It truly is a magical landscape, with nature seldom seen perfect for some amazing hiking experiences.
Places of Interest
- “Hospice de Beaune,” which is well known by wine lovers not only for its expensive auction every year in November, but also for its 16th century old hospital. The museum reproduces the atmosphere of the hospital at that time.
- Enjoy a tour in Dijon, the capital of Burgundy. There are no fewer than 97 hectares of beautifully preserved monuments in Dijon. The superb legacy of the Burgundian Dukes – from the Ducal Palace to the Charterhouse of Champmol.
- Wineries are a must in this region. The last edition of “Guide Hachette des Vins de France” is at your disposal in the main lobby of the Chateau. The Guide Hachette is the most comprehensive guidebook with a selection of the best producers in the area.
A charming chateau
A wanderful blast in the past! Charming chateau in the Bourgogne countryside Autentic rooms and fornitures. An enormous collection of ancient books are avaible. A wonderfull kitchen including all home appliances. Good location to visit Bourgogne. Thanks for your hospitality ”
- Concierge Service
- Espresso Machine
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet