Blowing Rock, North Carolina
Blowing Rock is a quaint mountain village along the famous Blue Ridge Parkway in North Carolina. Interesting shopping, first class dining, as well as outdoor activities including fishing, hiking and cycling are popular. Boone and Banner Elk are within 20 minutes driving distance and offer universities with year round cultural events.
Our home is a mountain oasis on 6 acres of open land surrounded by natural forest. A one acre spring fed lake with dock is a focal point of the property. Beautiful hiking is only a stroll across the pasture onto national park trails. Hebron Falls is just down the road within walking distance.
The house was originally an 8 stall horse barn. In 2008, we underwent a renovation to create a family retreat. Stone steps overlooking a small waterfall welcome guests to the outdoor entertaining area which includes a gas grill and rock fireplace . A two story staircase with twig bannister links 4 bedrooms and private baths and two car garage jto sleep 8-10 people. The main kitchen includes Viking range, concrete counters and hundred year old Chestnut siding along with a fully stocked pantry. Radiant heated limestone floors make cleanup a breeze. A walk in shower and free standing tub overlook the back rock garden in the master bath.
The owner is an antique dealer and the house is decorated with many special finds from her buying trips to Europe.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 3000 square feet
King, King, King, and King
8 guests maximum
Charlotte Douglas International Airport
1 hour and 45 minutes by car
Porch overlooks a pond and a waterfall.
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Linville Falls
- Grandfather Trout Farm
- Blowing Rock Country Club
Places of Interest
- The Blowing Rock
- Blue Ridge Parkway
- Blowing Rock – The strong wind that blows upwards from the gorge forces the snow to fall backwards on Blowing Rock and the beauty of the area makes a trip here well worth the visit.
- Grandfather Mountain – The fantastic hiking trails offer stunning sights and wildlife. A trip to Grandfather Mountain is not complete without going to the Mile High Swinging Bridge which offers the best views of the area.
- Grandfather Trout Farm – Pay only for what you catch, the trout farm will provide you with the equipment necessary for fantastic fishing. You can also get them to clean the fish for you.
- Linville Falls – Located on the Linville River the walking trails will take you past stunning natural falls.
There are no reviews for this property yet.
- 40"+ TV
- Covered Parking
- Multiple TVs
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer