Il Colombaio 13
Il Colombaio is a peaceful oasis in the heart of Chianti Classico, with expansive views on rolling hills and rows of vineyards. The location, near the village of Gaiole in Chianti, is perfect for visiting the several hilltop villages such as Radda, Castellina and Greve, and the many fortified castles and walled abbeys of the area. Siena is also at less than 20 km away.
The property was completely restored a few years ago. The house is equipped the beautiful huge terrace stretching along the west side of the house for outdoor meals and also for sitting and relaxing, making it an ideal place where to rest and enjoy one of the most beautiful views of the Chianti landscape. There is a beautiful pool (14 x 7m) located a few steps below the terrace in one of the flat lawns of the property, making it ideal for families with children.
The discreet yet comfortably furnished interiors combining country style with a modern touch suggests a pleasant ambience. A particular feature is the very well equipped kitchen opening on to the terrace, ideal for those who love cooking and enjoy 'al fresco' dining.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
7 bedrooms, 5 baths, 3000 square feet
Queen, Queen, Queen, Queen, Queen, Twin, and Twin
13 guests maximum
Florence Airport - FLR
1 hour by car
Tuscany's rolling hills and vineyards
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Toscana Mia - Hands on Italian cooking classes!
- Siena Walking Tours - Immerse yourself in the Tuscan lifestyle with the help of a local guide.
- Le Miccine - Come to this gorgeous winery and taste some of the best Chianti Classico around!
- Tuscany Scooter Rental - Explore the Tuscan countryside in the true Italian way!
- We Drive You Tuscany - A private car service, willing to help you design your own tour and travel through Tuscany in style.
Places of Interest
- Piazza del Campo - The heart and soul of Siena, and just one of the reasons Siena is considered the perfect embodiment of a medieval city.
- Castle of Meleto - An enchanting, old Italian castle, sure to make you feel as though you've entered into a fairytale.
- Siena Cathedral - The Duomo in Siena lies in a piazza above the Piazza del Campo, a great Gothic building filled with hidden treasures, waiting to be discovered!
- Gaiole in Chianti - Gorgeous palace gardens located just north of Siena.
- Chiesa di San Marcellino in Colle - One of the oldest churches in Chianti!
There are no reviews for this property yet.
- 40"+ TV
- DVD Player
- High Speed Internet
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- iPod Dock Stereo