Portaferry, United Kingdom
Located on the shores of Strangford Lough, a few miles from the pituresque coastal Portaferry, a charming small town in County Down, Northern Ireland, at the southern end of the Ards Peninsula, 'Thomastown House is a gentleman's Victorian farmhouse dating from circa 1900, although aspects of the farm buildings date back to Norman times.
It is in a conservation area of outstanding natural beauty and the town offers a short ferry ride to Strangford village and Castleward, a National Trust property where much of 'Game of Thrones' is filmed.
A few miles further south is the town of Downpatrick, where it is said the Cathedral is the burial place of St.Patrick. Belfast is 30 miles away, Portrush and Giants Causeway 80 miles and Dublin 100 miles.
Thomastown House is surrounded by 5 acres of gardens, including an orchard and a grass tennis court.
Internally the house is tastefully decorated with traditional and modern flair and features. It features 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms accommodating a total of 11 people. One of the king size bedrooms also has 2 twin beds, perfect for a family of 4.
This is a place of tranquility and beautiful base to explore locally and further afield all that Northern Ireland has to offer- food, golf, cycling, walking, sailing and endless sightseeing.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
5 bedrooms, 3 baths, 5000 square feet
King, King, Queen + Twin, 2x Twin, and Twin
11 guests maximum
Belfast International Airport - BFS
40 mins by car
Stunning views over the 5 acres garden and out at sea.
Activities of Interest
- Great spot for hiking enhtusiats with some amazing trails enjoying the local countryside deemed place of outstanding natural beauty.
- Golf enthusiasts will be very pleased as the property is located near 2 outstanding golf courses: Ardminnan Golf Course and Kirkistown Castle Golf Club.
Places of Interest
- The picturesque coastal village of Portaferry is only a few miles away offering a short ferry ride to Strangford village and Castleward, a National Trust property where much of 'Game of Thrones' is filmed.
- A few miles further south is the town of Downpatrick, where it is said the Cathedral is the burial place of St.Patrick.
- Belfast, the Titanic city, where the infamous ship was built is only 30 miles away. Perfect for a daily get away with great bars and a vibrant food scene.
There are no reviews for this property yet.
- 40"+ TV
- Espresso Machine
- Outdoor Grill
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo