One Hundred Acre Wood
One Hundred Acre Wood
Get away in comfort and style at this 6,000+ square foot home for all seasons. This elegant country manor home is meticulous in its detail and decor. Set on 26 acres of land and surrounded by woods and fields, this country estate is an ideal place for a peaceful and relaxing vacation. The well-manicured property is always a beautiful pastoral setting with its lovely gardens, large swimming pond with a dock and beach, and a private tennis court.
Tastefully decorated with fine antiques, it effortlessly combines sophistication with comfort. The first floor consists of an entryway, mudroom, laundry room, living room, sunroom, dining room, family room, bathroom, and kitchen and breakfast room. The gourmet kitchen has marble counters and a sunny breakfast nook that looks out over one of the several decks. The sunroom, living room and family room all open onto a large patio with majestic views of the Green Mountains and features a pergola and a large gas grill.
The formal dining room seats eight to ten comfortably. Relax after dinner in the cherry wood paneled den, which has a fireplace, stereo and TV area.
In the main house there are four bedrooms and three and one-half bathrooms on the second floor. The queen master bedroom has a large private bathroom complete with Jacuzzi tub and steam shower. There is also a lovely one-bedroom carriage apartment with full-bath, kitchenette and a twin pullout bed located over the two-car garage, perfect for guests or staff.
You will find an artist's touch throughout our home, as in the mural on the wall of a child's bedroom and in the mudroom. The kids will love the colorful playroom and teen lounge loft in the basement.
One Hundred Acre Wood is located 5 minutes drive from Stowe Village in a peaceful setting with beautiful mountain views. Enjoy the swimming pond, tennis court and beautiful gardens at this home that is close to skiing (15 minutes from Mt. Mansfield), golf, hiking, great biking, the recreation path, the village of Stowe. From your front door you can go cross country skiing or snowshoeing.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
5 bedrooms, 5 baths, 6000 square feet
Queen, Queen, Full, 2x Twin, and Queen
10 guests maximum
Burlington International Airport (BTV)
45 minutes by car
Sweeping views of our pond and island, several gardens, meadow, the Stowe Pinnacle and the Worcester Mountain Range.
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
Places of Interest
- Stowe Recreation Path - Between the West Branch River and Route 108 is a biking trail full of scenic vistas and small town atmosphere.
- Mount Mansfield
- Stowe Mountain Resort - A classic Vermont ski getaway, popular with families because of its excellent ski/snowboard school and child-friendly amenities.
- ArborTrek Canopy Adventures - Soar thru stands of eastern hemlock, white birch, and sugar maple on more than 4,500 feet of zip lines.
- Trapp Family Lodge Outdoor Center - A 2,500 acre mecca for the outdoor and nature enthusiast.
- Smugglers Notch State Park - This narrow path through thousand-foot cliffs, is a park used for biking, hiking, picnicking and rockclimbing.
- The Stowe Country Club - Beautiful undulating fairways and manicured greens, this course occupies what was a turn of the century dairy farm.
- Spruce Peak - Home to the golf course at Stowe Mountain Club. One of the “Top ten new courses in the United States that you can play,” according to Golf Magazine.
There are no reviews for this property yet.
- 40"+ TV
- Chef's Kitchen
- DVD Player
- High Speed Internet
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo