Lake Morey Masterpiece
Lake Morey Masterpiece
This Lake Morey Masterpiece is undoubtedly the finest lakefront property in the Upper Valley, located at the southern end of Lake Morey, site of the old Rutledge Inn & Densmores Casino, with the best views of the lake and mountains.
This house is situated on a 2-acre parcel with 305 feet of level sandy beach waterfront, a boat and a swimming dock. The residence is an exquisite shingle-style that was built in 2004 with 4,873 square feet, four bedrooms and six bathrooms.
The interior finishes are exceptional with hand-painted stenciled wood floor, reclaimed hemlock from the old casino used in the flooring and custom cabinetry, 18-foot ceilings in the living room, and a floor-to-ceiling sandstone and granite fireplace. The living room is open and flows easily out the French doors and into the back yard. Aside from the spacious living room, the home is also equipped with a quiet, private study and parlor area.
Featuring four spacious, ensuite bedrooms, and a flexible loft space, this home can comfortably sleep 10 guests. The Master bedroom with his and her bathrooms is fit with a King bed, the second suite is fit with a King, the third bedroom is fit with a King and shares a hall bathroom with the fourth bedroom, which is fit with two twins that can be adjusted into a King-size bed. Additionally there are two full beds on the third floor, and a pull-out sofa bed in the media room. When the weather permits however, you might find yourself drifting off to sleep on the screened porch that overlooks the lake.
Outdoor living spaces take advantage of the view: wrap around porch, kitchen screened porch, fieldstone patio, and outdoor stone fireplace from the old Inn. The boathouse provides excellent storage with a bathroom, sink and plenty of room for boats.
Lake Morey has year-round recreation: golf, skating & hiking. Lakelubbers at Lake Morey engage in sailing, pontooning, canoeing, kayaking wind surfing, water skiing and tubing. is a fishing hotspot, with several species of fish caught here proving to be state record-holders. Champion largemouth bass, northern pike, pickerel, smallmouth bass and walleye have held state records from Lake Morey. The shallow lake is an excellent warm-water fishery, although brown trout are sometimes caught.
In winter, Lake Morey Ice Skating Trail is the longest ice trail in the United States, when ice conditions permit. The 4.5-mile groomed skating loop takes skaters from the edge of the Lake Morey Resort out into the reaches of the lake, with uninterrupted views of the White Mountains nearby. The Ice Skating Trail is the site of an annual Winter Fest in January, weather and ice conditions permitting. The trail also hosts speed skating marathons when ice conditions allow. Ice fishing, of course, is always popular. Lake Morey now ranks among the top-19 natural ice rinks in the world.
Away from the lakefront, a variety of activities such as hiking and cycling keeps the visitor's interest. The many acres of public land provide ample opportunities for nature observation and exploration. Ski areas can be reached within an hour, and local trails offer plenty of opportunity for cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, dog sledding and snowmobiling.
If you are looking for a restorative vacation spot, where time stands still as you immerse yourself in the unspoiled natural setting, then this is the place for you!
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 4 baths, 4873 square feet
King, Queen, King, and 2x Twin
10 guests maximum
Lebanon Municipal Airport (LEB) or Manchester–Boston Regional Airport (MHT)
LEB: 25 minutes MHT: 1 hour and 35 minutes by car
Activities of Interest
- Lake Morey Resort Golf Club - Home of the Vermont Open for over 50 years, you’ll appreciate the same challenges the professionals face.
- Lost River Gorge and Boulder Caves - Preserve with a river, caves and water falls formed by a glacier.
- Whales Tale Waterpark - Water fun in an unexpected place!
- Snow skiing at Dartmouth Skiway within 20 minutes and 10 ski resorts within 1 hour including Killington and Okemo.
- House is equipped with kayaks and canoes.
Places of Interest
- Fairlee Drive In - One of the best, old-time treasures.
- Loon Mountain - Located in the heart of the White Mountains, Loon Mountain Resort is New England’s most-accessible mountain resort destination.
- Waterville Valley Resort - Year-round recreation area offering skiing and snowboarding in the winter, plus hiking, golfing and biking during the warmer months.
- Ice Castles - Buy tickets in advance and wear your warmest clothes for this tour through beautiful ice formations in the mountains.
- Close to the charming New England towns of Woodstock ,Vermont and Hanover New Hampshire, home of Ivy league Dartmouth College.
There are no reviews for this property yet.
- Air Conditioning
- Chef's Kitchen
- Washer & Dryer