Castellina in Chainti - Siena, Italy
2 bedroom apartment - Sergio at Il Cellese
Il Cellese is set in the heart of Chianti, one of the most emblematic and stately areas of the Italian countryside.
Located between Florence and Siena, its undulating hills evoke the refined country life of antiquity while maintaining its beauty and balance. Along its extensive terrain, oak forests alternate with cypress, vineyards and centennial olive trees. Here, the best Tuscan wines and olive oils are produced.
The home's geographic situation offers the possibility of traveling, in little time, to cities such as: Siena, Florence, Pisa, Arezzo or Lucca, most of them less than an hour away.
This home is a two bedroom apartment that is part of Il Cellese complex, formed by several independent apartments perched upon a hilltop, from which you can contemplate an invaluable historic heritage and simultaneously enjoy the hospitality of the estate.
The apartment is called Sergio, and it is a two storey ground floor apartment at the one end of the main building. It has a private furnished terrace that overlooks the olive groves, vineyards ande the picturesque countryside.
Entry is directly into the main living room, complete with a wood burning fireplace, a large comfortable sofa, flat screen TV with satellite channels, DVD/CD player and coffee table. To the right of the living room there is a half bath/powder room and kitchen/dining area.
This kitchen/dining area is bright and spacious and has modern fixtures and cabinetry. It includes a built-in oven, separate hobs, dishwasher, fridge, coffee machine and microwave oven. The dining table can accommodate up to eight people. There is also an adjacent laundry room off of the kitchen.
Up the stairs from the living room is the first, and smallest, of the two bedrooms, with twin beds and en-suite bathroom with shower and towel warmer. This bright room is characterised by a brickwork arch above the beds.
Another short staircase leads to a mezzanine floor with a seating area and a double sofa bed. A few steps up from the mezzanine is the large master bedroom. This bedroom is furnished with a king size bed and a walk-in closet (with closet organizer). The large en-suite bathroom comes complete with double sinks and a walk -in shower with rain shower head. The ceiling of this spacious bedroom has beautiful wooden beams and the windows look out onto open countryside.
Upon request the twin room can be made into a double room.
Please note that the pool is communal.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1550 square feet
King and 2x Twin
6 guests maximum
Florence or Bologna airports
30mins or 1.5 hrs by car respectively
Stunning views of the Tuscan countryside
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Sergio will be pleased to open the doors of his cellar for a tour illustrating the production process and aging of wine. A fascinating experience.
- Our dear friend Riccardo Spoti and his school SPORTS GAME Fishing will accompany you for a 'exciting day of deep sea fishing using different fishing techniques for a variety of species: squid, snapper, amberjack or red tuna.
- Early morning departure from "The Cellese" to reach the place suitable for the production of the mightly truffle nestled in the countryside of San Gimignano.
Places of Interest
- Visit beautiful Pienza. Its breathtaking views, incredible architecture, fabulous artwork and famous sheep's cheeses have made it a "World Wide Heritage Site" by UNESCO and the coveted Bandiera Arancione.
- It is possible to spend an entire day walking through the cobblestone streets of Siena and not see it all. This medieval town is incredibly well preserved, and its architecture and artwork are fascinating.
- Visit unmistakable Florence - the city of the De Medici family - with its churches, palaces and priceless art collections.
Fantastic location in the centre of Chianti country
We loved our stay and the location was perfect to explore this beautiful area. The colour of the trees , the olive harvest , the great wines and fantastic pasta? Our only negative to report was the lack of equipment in the kitchen and bedroom. (We love cooking and it was disappointing to have a lack of equipment - water jug, blender juicer etc. No hair dryer , iron not could we get any timber for the fire in the unit) The apartment is in a fantastic area. With scenic views that are incredibly. We had a fantastic time which was helped in no small way with fantastic weather. We would love to return !”
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet