Borgo di Vagli’s first structure was built in the 14th century as a guard tower to protect the impressive Pierle Castle (10th century) from marauders entering the Niccone valley from the hills behind Cortona.
IT was entirely renovated by architect Fulvio Di Rosa, who purchased the whole hamlet a few years back after it fell into disrepair being completely abandoned.
The restoration Project was very significant and the first to be brought to the town hall of Cortona and took 3 years to be designed, discussed and approved. It was a visionary Project, aiming to marry an historical era that had virtually disappeared with modern day life.
The rest of Vagli’s story is a “recent” one: the restoration works started in 2000 and were completed in 2005. Guests from all over the world are now regularly returning to this enchanting place and experiencing the enjoyment of authentic Tuscany, with their families and friends and building new friendships with other likeminded people. They are generally attracted by the same reason: being able to re-discover and re-connect with a simpler and more authentic life made up from emotions too often forgotten…their children’s or grandchildren’s laughter, long lazy days by the pool, the sound of an early morning wind, the smoke coming out of trattoria’s chimney which means Dina’s home cooked dishes, the welcome bright sunshine after a hazy dawn, the smell of freshly cut grass, the noisy silence.
La Bifora is located at Borgo di Vagli a fully restored 14th century village, just 20 minutes from the Tuscan Hill top town of Cortona.
While retaining a rustic feel the property has all the necessary comforts and features 2 spacious bedrooms a fully equipped kitchen and comfortable lounge accommodating a maximum of 4 adults and an additional 2 children for a total of 6 guests.
Townhome with 2 levels
2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1200 square feet
Full and Full
6 guests maximum
Florence Airport - FLR
90 minutes by car
Beautiful typical view of Tuscan countryside.
Activities of Interest
- Experience the amazing taste of Etruscan fine wines with our great tours. You will have the opportunity to taste the likes of Brunello di Montalcino, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano or Chianti.
- Hiking paradise with great countryside trails all accross the region.
Places of Interest
- Made famous by the book "Under the Tuscan Sun", Cortona is built on a steep hillside and can trace its history back to 700 BC. In Cortona you can visit Etruscan tombs and see amazing artwork by famous painters such as Luca Signorelli and Fra Angelico.
- Visit unmistakable Florence - the city of the De Medici family - with its churches, palaces and priceless art collections.
- Siena is a wonderful historic centre of the Gothic age and Pisa, not only famous for its leaning tower but also for its authentic and lively old town.
There are no reviews for this property yet.
- Chef's Kitchen
- Concierge Service
- DVD Player
- Espresso Machine
- Laundry Service
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet