Villa Santoro sits on a hillside with panoramic views over the olive groves and trulli dotted in the countryside, towards the hilltop towns of Cisternino and Locorotondo.
The construction combines the traditional vernacular trullo and masseria styles unique to Puglia, yet the restoration by a Milanese and Austrian architect/designer duo, Bricchi-Marksteiner, provides wonderful interior spaces which are open and airy with a minimal modernist feel while being equipped to provide the last word in luxury.
Surrounded by 2 acres of its own garden and filled with olive trees and fruit trees including pomegranate, fig, apricot, almond and pear, Villa Santoro provides a wonderfully bucolic setting for the remarkable and vast beach pool, every child’s and not so young person’s delight.
Overlooking the pool and leading directly off the kitchen are the external eating and kitchen area with a massive Trani marble dining table, this leading to the sofra or seating area, both with shade provided by large bamboo and vine covered pergolas.
Single Family Home with 1 level
4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 1250 square feet
King, Queen, Queen, and 2x Twin
8 guests maximum
1hrs by car
Stunning views of the tranquil Apulian countryside scattered with olive trees all around
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Don't miss the spectacular limestone caves of Castellana, containing an incredible range of underground landscapes, with extraordinary stalactite and stalagmite formations.
- There are 2 golf courses in the area: San Domenico Golf Course and Coccaro Golf Club close to the pretty fishing village of Savelletri, on the Adriatic coast.
- Don't miss the natural wonders of the sea caves at Castro and Santa Maria di Leuca.
Places of Interest
- The popular hill towns of Ostuni, Martina Franca, Cisternino & Ceglie Messapica are all within a short drive away and are full of wonderful restaurants, bars & shops including locally produced ceramics, baskets and jewellery.
- The “Florence of the South”, Lecce is just 1 hours drive offering stunning Baroque architecture.
- Beaches on the Adriatic coast (both sandy or rocky) are less than half an hour drive, whilst the stunning sandy Ionian coast is just a little further towards the south.
Great stay in Trulli town
In the region that Villa Santoro is you will find many Trulli. If you are in the shape that Villa Santoro is. The owner and his wife were very friendly and outgoing. Consider this home if you are heading to the deep south of Italy.”
Luxury a Narrow Road to Heaven
Experiencing the Italian countryside in this villa is a treat! We quickly understood why many Italians have told us that Puglia is their favorite region. The villa is a wonderful vantage point to enjoy the many small towns from and John, our host, helped us with detailed information and recommendations for the area. The location is perfect, the villa is beautiful and John's communication, recommendations, restaurant suggestions and desire to make sure everything about our trip went well are all great examples of a wonderful Third Home stay. If you love Italy, Puglia is a must and Villa Santoro is where you should stay! Thank you John for your help and the wonderful memories we now have from a fantastic trip!”
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Covered Parking
- DVD Player
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet