Nanyuki Family House
Nanyuki is the capital of Laikipia County. The town and its surrounding area connect Mount Kenya in the South East to the edge of the Great Rift Valley in the West, known as 'Kenya’s high country’.
Laikipia is rugged, undulating, rocky, beautiful, wild and remote. The climate is perfect, high altitude makes it cool at night and warm during the day. Basically perfect walking country. Then there is the game. Elephant, giraffe, lion, African wild dog, leopard, cheetah, hyena, buffalo, zebra, warthog, hippo and all the quirky different antelope species. This is simply one of the best places in Africa to go on a walking safari.
Easily accessible and packed with things to do for all ages, this property is located in a scenic spot on the foothills of Mt Kenya and in close proximity to some of the best wildlife conservancies in the world.
The house is fully staffed and offers a comfortable stay with use of vehicles if necessary. The equator is ten minutes away so air temp is warm and then refreshingly cool at night due to the altitude.
Local amenities are 15 minutes away in the market town of Nanyuki; two large supermarkets, British Army base, and local airstrip. There are clear views of Mt Kenya from the house and a small children's playground for young families. A heated outdoor pool and pool house offer a scenic spot for BBQ's and a full-sized billiard room provides evening entertainment.
Should visitors choose to do so, we usually ask if our staff could be tipped at the end of the stay.
We welcome all!
Single Family Home with 2 levels
5 bedrooms, 5 baths, 7000 square feet
King, King, Queen, Queen, and Queen
10 guests maximum
Nanyuki Airport or Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
5 mins by car from Nanyuki Airport 3 hours by car from JKIA
Mount Kenya and Burguret River
Activities of Interest
- Trout fishing on Mt Kenya - Lake Alice and Lake Michelson
- Climb Mt Kenya with African Ascents
- Want to 'pimp' your Kenyan safari experience? Then there's no better way than with a helicopter ride across the savannah or, even better, to two of Kenya's most iconic mountains, Mt Kenya and Ol Lolokwe.
- A number of activities is available: Mountain biking, Camel safaris, Quad biking safaris, Horseback safaris, Helicopter rides.
Places of Interest
- There is a number of conservacies in the area; See wonderful rhinos, zebra, birds, cheetah, giraffe, lions and more at Lewa Wildlife Conservancy, Ol Pejeta Conservacy and Borana Wildlife Conservancy.
- There are a few operators offering walking safaris in north-west Laikipia using light-weight mobile camps. They provide hot showers, long drop loos, a fully stocked bar and freshly cooked meals around the campfire.
- Watching Wild Dog at Laikipia. You’ll get face to face with these endangered carnivores–often overlooked as one of Africa’s most successful hunters. Laikipia is one of the best places in Africa to see these rare animals.
- Mt Kenya animal orphanage - It may come off a little zoolike at first but this orphanage is one of the few places in the world to have successfully bred the rare mountain bongo.
There are no reviews for this property yet.
- 40"+ TV
- Chef's Kitchen
- Covered Parking
- DVD Player
- Laundry Service
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Pets (with Approval)
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Staffed Guard Gate
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- Workout Facility
- iPod Dock Stereo