Llandudno, South Africa
“Night and Day, you are the One” Cole Porter wrote a song about a yearning, about something that gets under your skin. Villa 44 is an astounding piece of architectural art overlooking the mountains and beaches of Llandudno and a boundless Atlantic Ocean. Just 5 minutes drive from Camps Bay and Hout Bay, Llandudno is well connected to top restaurants and the stunning Llandudno, Camps Bay, Clifton and Hout Bay beaches.
The villa is a work of Art that will enthrall you with its heart of looming granite boulders, then beguile you with the top modern South African art in every room. This is a home that plays artfully with the brilliant light of day and the dark velvet of the night sky…and the shadows of caves that fall in between.
The first three floors evoke the image of a blazing sun on bright white sand. On the first level the trained butler will greet you upon your arrival, upstairs a casual lounge offers every modern convenience from DVD to ADSL to iPOD dock. This technological savvy extends throughout the Villa – all rooms have climate control, surround sound and automated blinds. The next two bedrooms (both with en suite bathrooms) perfectly host four guests or teens in the family. The collector’s item art in these rooms is playful and fun. All these cool white bedrooms lead onto a decked balcony overlooking the ocean below.
Step inside the funicular and head one floor up. Take a breath as you step out – you’ll need it to marvel at the vista of open plan dining area and lounge with statuesque modern sculptures and a crisp white kitchen behind. A glass wall slides out to an expansive deck curving around a white granite boulder built into the home. (Throughout, the villa is built around the monolithic granite boulders that are so much a part of Llandudno’s landscape). Outside hot pink loungers invite you to rest beneath Bedouin tents before you take a dip in the heated plunge pool, delight in its underwater surround sound or heat up later at the Bodum fireplace.
Follow a mysterious pathway through giant boulders to a walkway and upstairs or take the funicular to yet another level. Here you will find the enticing pure white Master Bedroom. Bamboo flooring leads you through the bedroom to another balcony deck, then looking back into the room, the luxurious King-sized bed has a lavish white rug at its foot, suspended chrome Cocoon fireplace and edgy concrete behind. Enjoy pristine white His and Hers shower and basin sets as well as a walk in dressing area and table. Take the Bamboo stairs or the funicular up to the next two levels.
Here the villa takes you up into the jet black night sky. A grey lounge draws you into an edgy black bar area made of black granite and dark wood, to celebrate a decadent night with friends. Stroll outside to a large Bodum furnace and mezmerizing Japanese plunge pool leading onto a cave hidden between the rocks.
Deep in the night sky is the final Guest Bedroom decorated in inky black tones, with an alluring painting by Kelly John Gough over the Queen Bed, en suite bathroom, walk in closet and a stunning view of the ocean. Outside is a roof deck with surround sound with a view of the ocean and mountains set to draw guests out from the beauty within.
All bedrooms have wall-to-wall views of the ocean, bamboo floors, doors opening out onto balconies overlooking the sea, climate control and automated blinds. The funicular services every floor, making it convenient even for older guests.
Now that’s a meeting of beauty and convenience sure to get under your skin.
Famous actress Milla Jovovich, stayed at Villa 44 for 3 months while filming blockbuster movie Resident's Evil.
Included for Thrid Home guests are a daily housekeeping service, a cook (groceries separate) and a driver for transfers to and from the airport.
PLEASE note the property is not suitable for children under the age of 6.
Single Family Home with 3 levels
4 bedrooms, 4 baths, 2950 square feet
King, Queen, Queen, and 2x Twin
12 guests maximum
Cape Town International
30 mins by car
Stunning views of the ocean
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Camps Bay, Clifton beach and Llandudno beach are white and sandy offerings which have spectacular views and sunsets.
- Hire an AC Cobra and head 50km south east to Cape Point. This promontory is situated in the southern section of the Table Mountain National Park and offers mountainous scenery amidst the richest floral kingdom in the world.
- Golfers will be thrilled with the abundance of golf courses in and around Cape Town. Royal Cape Golf Course is the oldest in South Africa and a championship course, whilst Mowbray Golf Course is only 10 minutes and offers sweeping views of Devils Peak
- Table Mountain Walks will organise an escorted hike, and the guides will take you to the less frequented areas of the mountain so you can experience some magical flora and fauna along the way.
Places of Interest
- Dine in style at the opulant Opal Lounge, which has a stunning view of Table Mountain and offers a delicious fusion menu in the settings of an old Victorian vill
- For fresh, line-caught fish and seafood, Panama Jack's offers a buzzing dining experience and the best lobster in town. The restaurant is situated on Table Bay Harbour in the working docklands of Cape Town, and reservations are essential.
- Take a stroll around the picturesque Victoria and Alfred Waterfront, which is now a veritable institution in the city.
There are no reviews for this property yet.
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Covered Parking
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Staffed Guard Gate
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet