Heavenly Shangri-La & Orient's Venice, China
CURATED EXOTIC ESCAPES
EXOTIC ESCAPES - HEAVENLY SHANGRI-LA & THE ORIENT'S VENICE
This is a ThirdHome tailored private exotic journey (ideal for 2-8 people) and not a commercial group tour. Our customized journeys allow members to set their own travel dates and include their individual personal interests along with specific excursions, dining and regional opportunities that they may wish to experience for the perfectly-personal journey experience. NO keys are required for this journey. Please refer to fees section in property details below.
Experience 7 nights/8 days within the bustling yet charming city of Chengdu filled with relaxing tea houses and richly endowed with its Giant Panda natural habitat; journey into enlightenment to the heavenly 10,000-ft Shangri-La Monastery surrounded by picturesque mountains, meadows and lakes; end your stay along the Yangtze River in scenic Suzhou known as the "Venice of the Orient" filled with its 60-plus gardens.
HEAVENLY SHANGRI-LA & ORIENT'S VENICE Journey includes:
* Private Transportation throughout itinerary
* 2 Nights in Chengdu - in 4-star Deluxe Hotel Accommodations (5-star Luxury option also available) w/Daily Breakfast included
* Guided Encounter at the Giant Panda Natural Habitat Sanctuary
* 3 Nights in Suzhou - in 4-star Deluxe Hotel Accommodations (5-star Luxury option also available) w/Daily Breakfast included
* Private Full Day Tour - includes:
Humble Administrator's Garden - This is the largest and most renown of Suzhou’s famous gardens, covering about 52,000 square meters (nearly 13 acres) of land. Its unique design, ethereal beauty, and enduring cultural significance have seen it proclaimed a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It was built as the residence and garden of a Tang dynasty scholar, and has retained the sense of serenity and refinement envisaged by its original owner. Garden of the Master of the Nets - Sometimes the smallest spaces can contain the most wonderful architectural delights, and the Garden of the Master of the Nets is a prime example of this. It is the smallest of the Suzhou residential gardens, yet is the most impressive because of its use of space, which creates the illusion of an area much greater than its actual size. Even more impressive than its architectural feats is the feeling of tranquility and harmony that it instills upon all those who visit it. Enjoy lunch at a local Chinese restaurant before continuing on to your next stop. Next visit the Suzhou Institute of Embroidery - This institute is dedicated to the production, research and training of Suzhou embroidery. It has amongst its collection some of the most valuable pieces of embroidery ever made. On display are several imperial robes from Emperor Qianlong, and other priceless court gowns once worn by members of the royal family. The institute also houses a training facility and workshop where you will see the artists creating exquisitely detailed embroidered works, often using silk threads much finer than human hair. Some of these handmade works of art take years to complete, and consequently a genuine handmade embroidered work can command very high prices indeed. Continue onward to the Suzhou Museum - This museum is the last design of I. M. Pei, the famous Chinese-American architect best known for his glass and steel pyramid outside the Louvre Museum in Paris. Unsurprisingly, the Suzhou Museum bears all the hallmarks of an architectural master. Completed in 2006, it contains over 15,000 pieces in its collection, including paintings, ceramics, calligraphy, and more, and dating back to the Song dynasty (960-1276 AD).
* Private Tongli Water Town Experience - Tongli in Jiangsu Province is one of the most picturesque ancient water towns in the south of the Yangtze River Delta, which are famous for their rivers, ancient bridges and house complexes. Tongli occupies an area of 51 square miles (133 square kilometers). The city is separated by 15 rivers into seven islets, which are connected through 49 ancient stone bridges in variety of styles. Tongli, established in the Song Dynasty, has a history of over 1,000 years. It is very rich in cultural heritage. Because of its ancient history and special beauty, in 2004, Tongli and this region have been placed on the UNESCO World Heritage Site list. With the rapid modernization of China, large number of historical towns are slowly disappearing with now only a handful of well-preserved historical townships remaining today. Enjoy lunch at a traditional Chinese restaurant.
* 2 Nights in Sahngri-La - in 4-star Tibetan Boutique Hotel Accommodations w/Daily Breakfast included
* Private Guided Excursion to Shangri-La - Shangri-La (Zhongdian) is home to remote thrilling scenery, Tibetan monasteries and the focal point of the Tibetan world. Its utopian world has intrigued visitors and adventurers wishing to embark upon it as a personal pilgrimage. Pudacuo National Park, which consists of many scattered lakes is a must-visit first when you arrive upon Shangri-La. Then majestic Songzanlin Monastery and Dukezong Old Town; after a long day take a rest in local Tibetan house and drink buttered tea. If time and weather permits, Baishuitai Terraces is an incredible Natural Wonder worth seeing.
** OPTIONAL ADD-ONs can be designed to extend your stay in China, visiting Lijian Old Town or the gorgeous West Lake area of Hangzhou. **
TO INQUIRE FOR MORE DETAILS & BEGIN PLANNING YOUR PERSONAL JOURNEY - please contact:
Liz Bates - Director of Travel & Concierge Services
Single Family Home with 1 level
1 bedroom, 1 bath, 1 square feet
1 guest maximum
In lieu of the normal ThirdHome exchange fees, this personally tailored journey is a full-pay travel option and the monetary cost will be quoted to the member based on whatever accommodations are chosen, along with all other itinerary arrangements and inclusions the member requests to be a part of their customized itinerary. This journey does not require a specific number of keys.
Activities of Interest
Places of Interest
- Hangshou & Chengdu
There are no reviews for this property yet.
- Concierge Service