La Dolce Vita in Roma, Italy
CURATED CITY SPREE
CITY SPREE: LA DOLCE VITA IN ROMA
This is a ThirdHome tailored city spree (ideal for 2-8 people) and not a commercial group tour. Our customized journeys allows members to set their own travel dates and include their individual personal interests along with specific excursions, dining and regional opportunities that they may wish to experience for the perfectly-personal journey experience. NO keys are required for this journey. Please refer to fees section in property details below.
Experience 4 nights/5 days of art, culture, ancient history and local cuisine within Rome's vibrant international flair and its distinct Italian traditions.
LA DOLCE VITA IN ROMA Package Includes:
* 4 Nights in Rome- in 4-star Deluxe Hotel Accommodations
(5-star Luxury option also available) w/Daily Breakfast included
* Private Panoramic Rome Driving Tour (3-hrs) - enjoy a scenic drive through Rome's highlights of the Eternal City including St Peter's Square, the Colosseum, Forum, Piazza Navona and the Trevi Fountain
* Half-day Roman Holidays Tour by Vespa (4-hrs) - with Rome as your backdrop, escape into the world of William Wyler's Roman Holidays, with its unforgettable performances from Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck, and become one with these icons on this fun Vespa tour. You will explore by skooter all around the main locations, accompanied by a photo-book showing scenes from the film so that you can position yourself exactly where the scenes were shot. The exact historic itinerary from the film will be followed is: Via delle 4 Fontane (Escape from the palazzo), Piazza della Repubblica (On the drinks truck), Via dei Fori Imperiali (The meeting with the journalist), Via Margutta (The journalist's house), Trevi Fountain (The hair-cutting scene), Spanish Steps (The ice-cream scene), Pantheon (At the bar with the photographer, friend of the journalist), Colosseum (Escaping on the Vespa), Piazza Venezia (More escaping on the Vespa), Mouth of Truth (An confessionable secret), Castel Sant'Angelo (The romantic fight).
* Private Guided Vatican Musems & St Peter's Basilica (4-hrs) - Avoid the long queue lines and immediately get into the Vatican Museums, taking the beautiful Spiral staircase and continuing through the Gallery of the Tapestries and the Gallery of the Geographical Maps. Arrive in the famous and breathtaking Sistine Chapel with its magnificent fresco of the Last Judgement by Michelangelo. The tour will end at the Vatican Museums at approximately 5:30 pm.
* Gastronomic Walking Tour of the Imperial City's Best (3-hrs) - savor traditional Roman specialty dishes and some of the wine from nearby regions on this culinary tasting tour. You will stroll through the open-air market, which can be found in Campo de' Fiori daily and is noted most for its fresh vegetables, fruit and other local produce. Stops will be made at the Porchettaro, a shop specializing in Porchetta, the typical roasted pork meat from the Roman Castles, as well as the Coppiette Romane, another typical Roman cured meat. Continue walking through the center of Rome, reaching Osteria La Pigna, for a cheese tasting accompanied by a glass of local wine. Continue to Nonna Vincenza pastry shop for a delicious pastry and then end the tour at Tazza D'Oro Bar, for a good cup of coffee.
(OR) Market Tour & Cooking Class with Lunch (5-hrs) - Savor traditional Roman specialty dishes and some of the wine from nearby regions. You will stroll through the open-air market, which can be found in Campo de' Fiori daily and is noted most for its fresh vegetables, fruit and other local produce. Stops will be made at the Porchettaro, a shop specializing in Porchetta, the typical roasted pork meat from the Roman Castles, as well as the Coppiette Romane, another typical Roman cured meat. Continue walking through the center of Rome, reaching Osteria La Pigna, for a cheese tasting accompanied by a glass of local wine. Continue to Nonna Vincenza pastry shop for a delicious pastry and then end the tour at Tazza D'Oro Bar, for a good cup of coffee.
* Authentic Dinner in a Local Roman Family Home (3-hrs) - experience an unforgettable evening as you are hosted at the table of a local family for dinner in their Trastevere residence. This is one of the culinary and social experiences most coveted in Rome to dine with the local Italian people instead of going out in search of a restaurant like most other tourists. Don't worry - your host speaks very good English and has traveled all around the world, so you will be able to engage in an interesting conversation with everyone. You will be introduced to some excellent Italian wines, and you will start by tasting delicious appetizers. For dinner you`ll enjoy a traditional dish such as bruschetta, amatriciana, carciofo alla romana , or pollo e peperoni. The dinner will end with the authentic desserts like tiramisu, panna cotta, and crostata di ricotta.
** NOTE: If your time is limited a more condensed shorter version can be designed for your stay in Rome; in addition the above highlighted excursions can be tailored to your personal interests as there are many other optional tours available **
TO INQUIRE FOR MORE DETAILS & BEGIN PLANNING YOUR PERSONAL JOURNEY - please contact:
Liz Bates - Director of Travel & Concierge Services
Single Family Home with 1 level
1 bedroom, 1 bath, 1 square feet
1 guest maximum
In lieu of the normal ThirdHome exchange fees, this personally tailored journey is a full-pay travel option and the monetary cost will be quoted to the member based on whatever accommodations are chosen, along with all other itinerary arrangements and inclusions the member requests to be a part of their customized itinerary. This journey does not require a specific number of keys.
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
Places of Interest
There are no reviews for this property yet.
- Concierge Service