This magnificent six bedroom, four bathroom, 5,300 square foot chateau lies at the gateway to the Shenandoah Valley and is an ideal location for your retreat into America’s wine country. Resting upon forty acres with a twenty acre vineyard, the sprawling views of the valley with perfectly manicured grounds, guests of this home will feel as if they have left the country and arrived in the Italian countryside.
Elaborate detail to design can be seen inside and out at this home. From a cozy game room with a large flat screen TV and pool table, to the exquisite back yard, no luxury has been forgotten.
Throughout the home, there are plenty of spaces to gather around and relax with friends, as well as spaces tucked away with plenty of privacy. Entertain your guests in the fully equipped chef’s kitchen, and then take the party outside for a dreamy meal under the vine-covered terrace.
Spread out through the home in the six, spacious bedrooms. Each room is fit with top-of-the-line mattresses, lush linens, and plenty of storage to unpack and unwind. At the end of the day, guests can float their troubles away with a dip in the pool or a soak in one of the home’s jetted tubs.
Other than being home to more than twenty wineries, Plymouth is known worldwide for the Amador County Fair which was started in 1938, and lauded as one of the last true county fairs in the state. Every year people from all over the world, as well as locals visit the fair the last weekend of July to enjoy a destruction derby, rodeo, animal judging, horse show, displays of antique equipment, plus music, arts, crafts, food and a carnival. Something to enjoy for the whole family!
Other places to visit and favorite attractions include Daffodil Hill, hiking, biking, gold panning, wineries, Amador County Fair, boating, fishing, camping, RVing, golf, Stone's Iris Garden - Volcano, Main Street Park, Norm Waters Park, Jackson Rancheria, Black Chasm Cavern. However, before leaving Plymouth, a trip down Main Street is a must do on anyone's list.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
6 bedrooms, 4 baths, 5300 square feet
King, Queen, Queen, Queen, 2x Twin, and 2x Twin
12 guests maximum
Sacramento International Airport - SMF
1 hour by car
Rolling hills full of lush vegetation.
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Plymouth Walking Tour - Visit 12 historic locations. Pick up map at the city Clerks Office on Main Street.
- O.A.R.S. American River Rafting - Grab a paddle, hop into a big yellow raft, and get ready for some wet, wild and adventurous fun on the South Fork of the American River near Sacramento, CA!
- Moaning Cavern Adventure Park - We offer underground and above ground adventure activities with no experience necessary and all equipment and expertise provided.
Places of Interest
- California Cavern State Historic Landmark - Offers cave walking tours suitable for the whole family to genuine spelunking expeditions for thrill seekers!
- Shenandoah Valley Wine Country - Award winning wineries located in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley. All 21 wineries offer wine tasting.
- The Folsom City Zoo Sanctuary - Visit this sanctuary and preserve and enhance a city treasure by assisting in the enrichment of the lives of the animals living here.
- Amador Flower Farm - 12 acres of gardens in the Shenandoah Valley, specializing in daylilies with over 650 varieties and over 200 unusual perennials.
- Sutter Gold Mine - Take an underground tour over 400 feet in a gold filled mine.
Davancy Chateau - Heaven on Earth!
There were six of us staying, and we had room for more. The property was amazing, and there was so much space we could all be together comfortably or could easily spread out as well. We enjoyed the surrounding wineries and day trips to San Francisco and Lake Tahoe. The local store was more than sufficient for all of our needs, and the quaint cities of Sutter and Amador were so cute to stroll around and offered delicious meals as well. The pool was awesome and all of our questions and/or concerns (nothing major at all!) were quickly and cheerfully handled. People who have seen our pictures have inquired where it was and how they could rent it. The final event, the music and dinner at Helwig winery was so much fun. We all had an amazing time. Jodi and Joe Biancalana”
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Chef's Kitchen
- Concierge Service
- Covered Parking
- DVD Player
- Espresso Machine
- Gated Community
- High Speed Internet
- Hot Tub
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo