If you are seeking a relaxing spot for a peaceful, restorative escape from your hectic life then look no further. Gurthalougha House is a luxury eleven bedroom, twelve bathroom, 11,000 square foot holiday home located on an elevated site in the picturesque village.
The bright and spacious open floor plan on the ground floor consists of a fully equipped modern kitchen, a large dining area and a superb conservatory. The home can accommodate up to nineteen guests and is ideal for families searching for a retreat the gorgeous, pastoral countryside!
The living room of this holiday home is a great place for guests to enjoy intimate views over the lake. It is beautifully furnished with armchairs, television and a stereo. The dining area, open to the living room, seats 10 comfortably.
The well-designed kitchen will ensure that your self-catering experience in Harbour Heights will be as stress free as possible. All modern kitchen appliances are near to hand including a dishwasher, fridge freezer, and oven. Head to a local market to stock up on produce and ingredients and try your hand at making a traditional Irish dish! There is also a washing machine and tumble dryer for your convenience. The kitchen is located adjacent to the large dining area.
With eleven bedrooms in the home, there is plenty of space for guests to spread out and have their own private quarters. Gather up your closest friends or all of your extended family, and you are sure to have an enchanting stay.
Enjoy all the greenery outside with the beautiful greenhouse of flowers! This is a green thumb home, and there are many different types of plants and flowers to take in! Enjoy your time here!
Single Family Home with 2 levels
11 bedrooms, 12 baths, 11000 square feet
King, Queen, Queen, King, Queen, Queen, Queen, Queen, Full, Full, and Twin
19 guests maximum
Shannon Airport (SNN)
One hour by car
Beautiful courtyard and lake views
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Lough Derg Water Sports - A family run water sports venture based on the northwest shores of Lough Derg. Runs private bookings for various group sizes, catering for up to 20 paddlers.
- Nenagh Arts Centre - The Arts Centre organises and promotes various artists and productions who are performing the premises.
- Nenagh Walking Tours - Explore the town on foot and learn about it's rich history.
Places of Interest
- Golf enthusiasts have plenty of choice here with several great golfing facilities including Ballyliffin, Buncrana, Portsalon, Rossapenna, and Donegal Golf Clubs in the surrounding area.
- Killybegs International Carpet Making & Fishing Centre - The centre offers a unique experience in the Fishing and Carpet making history for visitors who venture to the shores of this picturesque town situated on the Donegal coastline.
- Dungloe - Offers boxing, bistros, surfing, walking, and fishing.
- Bundoran - Perfect for visiting beaches, partaking in the nightlife, music festivals, and scenic running trails.
- Nenagh Castle - The Castle is Nenagh's oldest building, and it's construction in the 13th Century laid the foundation for the development of the town.
Absolutely Wonderful Stay
There are really not words to describe how incredibly beautiful the house and grounds are at Gurthalougha Castle. The pictures do not do this house justice...it is impeccably furnished yet comfortable and relaxing. Also it is quite large so if you have a large party you will not feel crowded at all. The grounds are extensive and beautiful and there is a lot of wildlife roaming nearby. It is lovely just to walk or ride a bike around the property. The lake is beautiful and we loved the boat ride we took directly from the dock on the property. Although the house is incredible the best part about the house are the people...Frank and Maureen are lovely and made our trip special and Anne was a pleasure to work with...we hope to return sometime in the future. ”
Wonderful Stay at the Gurthalougha House
We just returned from a wonderful week at the Gurthalougha House. The property is incredibly beautiful and the house exceeded our expectations. Anne was very responsive in providing arrangements, Frank (her brother) lives on the property in a separate cottage and was the ultimate host. Maureen cooked sumptuous breakfasts each morning and was a delight to talk to in the morning. I would highly recommend this property to anyone wanting to experience Ireland away from all the tourists! Thanks everyone!”
- Chef's Kitchen
- Gated Community
- Washer & Dryer
- Workout Facility