The Starfish Cottage
The Starfish Cottage
Step out the front door of The Starfish Cottage, and in less than 2 minutes your toes will be in the sand. Whether you are looking to sunbath or stroll along the beach, this retreat is for you. Immediately feel your stress melt away as you take in the beauty of the Pacific Ocean. The Starfish Cottage is located in Ventura, CA, voted one of America’s most livable communities. It is located between Malibu and Santa Barbara, overlooking Anacapa and Santa Cruz islands! The city starts at the top of the steep Ventura foothills and winds its way down to the Pacific, overlooking Channel Islands National Park. The city is known for its epic surf conditions, abundant green space, and its 10,000-year history.
Starfish Cottage is bright and modern offers everything you need to feel right at home. The kitchen is fully equipped and the owner includes a pound of local coffee, allowing you to get a true taste of Ventura during your stay. The living room features a flat screen TV and comfortable furniture, the perfect place to start or end each day.
The beds, bedding and linens are designer offering five-star hotel quality luxury, ensuring you feel pampered during your stay. The bathrooms are spacious offering plush towels, and come fully stocked with soaps for guests.
There is a storage shed outside full of beach gear; chairs, towels, umbrellas and everything need for a day at the beach. Step out the back door to the private backyard with ample seating, a 4-burner grill, outdoor lights and a gas fire pit. This is your own vacation oasis.
There are several restaurants, a yogurt shop, coffee shop, grocery store and other specialty stores all within walking distance of the cottage. The Starfish Cottage is the perfect getaway.
*Concierge service is available upon request.
Single Family Home with 1 level
2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1000 square feet
King and 2x Twin
4 guests maximum
Santa Barbara Municipal Airport - SBA
30 minutes by car
Beautiful, private backyard oasis with fire pit!
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Three Wineries - Four Brix Winery, Plan B Wine Cellars, and Panaro Brothers Winery are all minutes from each other offering tasting rooms and a wide range of wines.
- Buenaventura Golf Course- Ventura golf courses offer a world-class experience for both amateurs and professionals alike.
- Olivas Adobe Historical Park- Ventura’s heritage is rich and so historic sites are found in all parts of the city.
Places of Interest
- Ventura Harbor Village - Dine seaside, then wander through the endless local shops.
- Downtown Ventura - The unique merchants, one-of-kind dining experiences and the friendly nature of the people makes guest return!
- Funk Zone - Santa Barbara's growing arts community that's also home to the Urban Wine Trail, small retailers and surfers.
The Starfish Cottage was the perfect getaway. It is so charming, and Bunnie paid attention to so many details. The backyard is such a beautiful oasis. The beach is very close and not very crowded. We liked that Ventura was not a very touristy place to visit. Bunnie was so accommodating, and we would love to stay here again. ”
- 40"+ TV
- DVD Player
- High Speed Internet
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Pets (with Approval)
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo