Trarego Viggiona - Verbania, Italy
Stunning Lakefront Villa on Lake Maggiore
Starting in the second half of the 19th century the western shore of the lago maggiore, also stopover for the famous "orient express"train, became a preferred destination for wealthy travellers, who eventually built their holiday homes along the coastline.
The natural beauty of the landscape,the ideal combination of mountains and lake,made Cannero Riviera and its Park Hotel the frequent destination for Lord Mountbatten and many more English tourists as well as writers.Cannero received its name "riviera" due to the mild climate where palmtrees and even orange trees can grow in the open.
Today the area is an international tourist destination with a peak season in July and August.
In 2014 we had the opportunity to aquire a 46000 m2 terrain in the vicinity of the village of Cannero, actually between Cannero and Trarego-Viggiona, 200 meters above the lake with a splendid view across the lake.
We completely rebuilt and extended a preexisting old stonehouse dating from the 19th century equipped with all modern amenities including three bedrooms,two bathrooms, one toilet and a modern kitchen with freezer, dishwasher, stove, plate warmer and a complete set of brand new kitchen appliances as well as solar panels on the roof. The house comprises an area of about 150 m2.
An open fireplace, a portico on the first floor, a balcony for the master bedroom and a spacious terrace directed to the south gives you plenty of opportunity to relax in total privacy.
The accessible part of the garden ,ca 10000 m2, is just being taken care of by a gardener and by spring we will have azaleas and camelias as well as palms and magnolias growing.
Air conditioning is not available at the house although it never gets too hot in these regions of Northern Italy. A small 2KW mobile cooling device is available if need be.
Please note this property is not suitable for elderly people or small children due to its elevated position and steep access however, it is a great spot for a memorable holiday.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
3 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2200 square feet
King, King, and King
6 guests maximum
Stunning views of the Lake from an elevated position
Activities of Interest
- Water sports lovers will have a blast. Options range from wild water rafting to sailing, wind surfing, kite surfing, canoeing and swimming.
- For golf lovers there's plenty of choice around the Lake. Des Iles Borromees Golf course is an 18 holes course lying at 500m above sea level.
- Enjoy a fanstastic wild bird show at Falconeria Locarno in nearby town of Locarno across the border to Switzerland.
- The Nebbiolo wine region is just 3/4 hour away and wine tasting is available in many places, the Piemont region being famous for its wine and truffels.
Places of Interest
- Visit the Borromeo Islands on Lake Maggiore, in particular Isola Bella with its fanstastic gardens and architectural treasures, most of all Palazzo Borromeo.
- Visit the small sleepy town of Bognanco famous for its great hiking routes and its springs. The Spa offers a wide range of servises as massage therapy and carbonic baths.
- The Botanical Gardens at Villa Taranto in Callanza are a must for nature lovers.
There are no reviews for this property yet.
- DVD Player
- Espresso Machine
- Outdoor Grill
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet