Villa Akuna by The Sea
Croatia is on the map, from Paklenica climbing sites to beautiful beaches of central Dalmatia and great food in Istria. Croatia’s fabulous wines and delicious local food makes it a very popular destination with a lot to offer to its visitors.
One of the most popular islands to visit is Brac which offers plenty of things to do and see.
Nestled in a quiet bay, Villa Akuna, which means "peace by the water" is a high end luxury villa sitting on the Adriatic Sea. It features 5 bedrooms with hand crafted beds dressed with high thread count bed linen, 6 bathrooms, a media room with 2 metre satellite TV, table-football, an infrared sauna and a Jacuzzi with private outdoor shower, massages available.
The property also offers a full private gym, free wireless internet, 2 fully equipped kitchens with Miele appliances, Cellar with wines available at a cost price to guests, infinity edge pool overlooking the Adriatic, private and direct entrance to the sea where our resident boat and skipper (daily charge) are available to take guests to many local destinations for sightseeing and meals.
This is a quiet residential area for those searching for peace and relaxation with family. There are a few restaurants and a couple of very quiet bars nearby - this is not a party area.
The Villa will be ready for your arrival - housekeeping can be arranged and paid locally. Our Villa Manager/concierge will be on hand for any assistance and arrangements the guests might like.
Single Family Home with 3 levels
5 bedrooms, 6 baths, 7000 square feet
King, King, Full + Twin, King, and King
10 guests maximum
Split Airport - SPU
1 hour by our resident boat or 2.5 hours by car ferry
Sitting in a quiet bay Villa Akuna has spectacular views from all rooms of the crystal clear water. With direct access to the sea
PLEASE NOTE: AS THIS IS A FULLY SERVICED VILLA THERE IS A MANDATORY EURO150 PER DAY CHARGE TO BE PAID ON SITE FOR THE SERVICES.
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Brac is renowned for its wine. The most common grape varieties planted on the island are Posip (white wine), and Plavac Mali (red wine). Winemakers: Hrvoje Bakovic from Murvica, and family Senjkovic from Nerezisca.
- Brac is a great place for hiking enthusiasts. Covered in olive groves and pine forests, the island offers lots of hiking opportunities: from gentle strolls to challenging hikes.
- The island is great for all sorts of water sports; sea kayaking, windsurfing, fishing and dolphin watching.
Places of Interest
- The most famous beach on the island is the Zlatni Rat beach. Located at the west end of Bol, this 1 km long beach stretches into the sea in a shape of a cone. It’s a wonderful beach to swim, but it gets really crowded in high season.
- Hvar is a neighboring island easy to reach from Brac, it’s simply a must-do.
- The oldest settlement on the island, Skrip is simply a must-visit place. It’s located inland, not far from Supetar. Skrip is rich in history and a great alternative to a hustle and bustle of coastline towns.
- South shores of the island of Brac were designed military zones in ex-Yugoslavia. Former submarine pens that can be found in Maslinova, Kruscica and Smrka bays are seen today as a shelter for local fishermen, a tourist attraction and swimming spots.
The home is fantastic everything you want in the house. Milki The housekeeper was outstanding helping us who's shopping and also telling us where to go Simon, milki's husband was also very helpful he put a gate up for the children in the boat trip is awesome . We had one night catered the table was set beautifully and the food is very Croatian the lamb could be cooked a little bit longer but otherwise everything is fantastic We would recognize other people to either rent a car or to use the local taxi so you can go to look at things on the Island we were okay because we had two young children. The owner Adele was also very helpful with the emails and told us exactly what to do . This great third home exchange is one of the best I recommend that you take it. I give this villa for Max and hope to return one day again or one of her other exchanges Gloria and Richard Bellack. ”
VIlla Akuna, Brac, Croatia
Beautiful villa in the most beautiful, unspoiled, non-commercial island in Croatia. The villa provided a speedboat (at a very reasonable extra cost) which our group of 8 used almost every day to visit lovely villages where we toured and had delicious lunches or dinners. The fresh seafood is amazing. The water is crystal clear and we swam and kayaked every day, even though it was mid-May. The villa manager, Milka, is the most upbeat, charming, attractive and vivacious person and organized everything for us -- from delicious dinners at home, to vans to take us touring, to anything else we could possibly ask for. It truly was one of the most fabulous trips, in one of the most beautiful countries, ever. Pat Magdol”
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Chef's Kitchen
- Concierge Service
- DVD Player
- Espresso Machine
- Hot Tub
- Laundry Service
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- Workout Facility